A monopod from 7 day shop

Well you can't really go wrong at that price. I often wondered about whether or not to buy a monopod and the Manfrotto versions seem to start at around £30 or so.

I find a monopod can be quite useful on country walks. I haven't used it much to take shots, but it's handy when you are off the beaten path or walking down steep slopes with a camera in one hand. Saved me from a fair few tumbles.

Also as I quite often go geocaching, it's really handy for helping search through foliage and under obstacles without having to stick your hand into places you'd rather not.

For £5 you can't go too wrong.

Well you can't really go wrong at that price. I often wondered about whether or not to buy a monopod and the Manfrotto versions seem to start at around £30 or so.

Well I've never used one before but this time of the year it should be useful for 100mm and upward lenses, erm probably not much use for very low light shots tho'.

I bought one (red snapper) thinking it would be great to have with a long lens ... never used it once :|

It doesn't 'hold' the camera firm enough to stop shake for those important shots.

I just use a tripod all the time, and on occasion I use it with the legs together , like a monopod.

I did think it it had a support that folded out at the bottom , you could put your foot on to stop it twisting, it would be a lot more usefull.

try using a tripod with one leg extended, see if you think it would be useful !

Back