A new Flickr strangeness

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
No
I've recently come back from a week in Rhodes and have started to upload my better? images onto Flickr.

Suddenly I'm getting loads of faves from people that all seem to follow a pattern:

A: Their photostream contains around 60 to 100 images but every single one of them has been on Explore and most have between 100,000 to 600,000 likes.

B: They all fave the same 30 or so photo's.

C: They all have Pro accounts.

C is the mystifying one because if they had free accounts I could see why they whittle their account down to show the best one's but they're Pro and so don't need to. And why are they faving exactly the same images as each other?

Anyone else getting this?

I've recently come back from a week in Rhodes and have started to upload my better? images onto Flickr.

Suddenly I'm getting loads of faves from people that all seem to follow a pattern:

A: Their photostream contains around 60 to 100 images but every single one of them has been on Explore and most have between 100,000 to 600,000 likes.

B: They all fave the same 30 or so photo's.

C: They all have Pro accounts.

C is the mystifying one because if they had free accounts I could see why they whittle their account down to show the best one's but they're Pro and so don't need to. And why are they faving exactly the same images as each other?

Anyone else getting this?

I get them too, must be bots, no idea how they benefit though. If they favorite 1000s of images at a time then there's always going to be a certain % they'll get back, this is how they are hitting explore maybe? why? no idea, it would only make sense if they were advertising or profiting somehow

Just checked one of my recent hits, some guy in China who liked 15 of my images all at once, his stream does have 900+ images but every single one of them is of commercial airline planes, mostly either landing or taking off at airports ..

Last edited:
Another thought:

If they only show images that have already been on Explore then how do they get their most recent images on Explore if they don't actually put them on Flickr?

Back