A newbie trip to the zoo

Name
Barbara
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi!

I am new to this forum and I would like some feedback on my photos. I am a beginner and unfortunately I do not have a dSLR (yet). These images are taken with an Olympus Sp-550 uz

Last saturday I went to the zoo with my boyfriend and the result was 500+ photos. Here are a few..

20100904_nde_13.jpg

20100904_nde_14.jpg

20100904_nde_5.jpg

20100904_nde_6.jpg

20100904_nde_7.jpg

20100904_nde_2-1.jpg

Thank you!

Last edited:
LOVE #6 (y)

You have some nice compositions so don't knock your camera. It's not the camera that takes the pictures, it is you. And you take good ones!

Your moneys look a little soft (in focus) might need sharpening in an editing package (don't ask me, I know narthing)?

Thank you for the compliment Tina.

The monkey photos are really bright (we actually had a sunny day over here.. ;) ) maybe that's what's going wrong there.

That's a lovely set :) If I had to pick a fav, I think it would be the last one...:) But they are all great :)

Welcome Barbara and a good set:

#1 Slightly tighter crop would be better imho, a little too much dead space around the critter :)

#2 Like this one, I'd crop a little off the left to take the eye off centre a touch :)

#3 Cute, a little too much space above his head

#4 Like this one a lot, nice composition!

#5 Crisp, good light and colour, but would benefit in my opinions from a much tighter crop bringing the eye into centre stage :)

#6 Very nicely composed and shot :)

Back