A Night at the Dogs

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
These were taken at Hall Green Dog Track Birmingham - not tried anything like these before - comments appreciated thanks :)

Presenting them as 2:1 Panos as it seemed to suit the action.

Taken with my 40D + Canon 75-200 f4

1)

dogs-1.jpg

2)

dogs-2.jpg

3)

dogs-3.jpg

4)

dogs-7.jpg

5)

dogs-4.jpg

Excellent - the best use of panos I have seen to date. How did you capture the action?

Thanks Russell - these are quite heavily cropped but I was simply standing at the bend with the 40D on continuous shooting plus AI servo focusing. They move at one heck of a speed those doggies!

Good stuff John (y)
Having worked the track for the best part of 3 years I know only too well the speeds these little rockets are capable of, and how difficult it must have been not to get too much busy bg in there.

If I were being picky, from a personal point of view Id prefer a tighter crop along the top of the pics, just takes out some of the clutter for me.

Kudos to you for trying something so different :clap:
The only pics I have from my track days are of me lifting the brutes on the winning stand, think its time I went back with the cam myself.

Thanks Russell - these are quite heavily cropped but I was simply standing at the bend with the 40D on continuous shooting plus AI servo focusing. They move at one heck of a speed those doggies!

Thanks for that. The smaller things get the faster they seem to move and their changes of direction more frantic. Well done.

Good stuff John (y)
Having worked the track for the best part of 3 years I know only too well the speeds these little rockets are capable of, and how difficult it must have been not to get too much busy bg in there.

If I were being picky, from a personal point of view Id prefer a tighter crop along the top of the pics, just takes out some of the clutter for me.

Kudos to you for trying something so different :clap:
The only pics I have from my track days are of me lifting the brutes on the winning stand, think its time I went back with the cam myself.

Cheers Glo - I was going for the 2:1 ratio so a bit of clutter snuck in ;)

I came away £26 down btw :( That'll teach me :D

Last edited:
Wish you'd leave the exif in!

Good lens that! ;)

You did well to get the shutter fast enough to freeze the action like that. Where's the shot with all of them airborne like some in #3? :)

I post the exifs in a bit Rob - I still envy your big one :D

Back