A noobie question regarding TABLETS.

Edit My Images
No
Im a 50/50 yes/no in thinking tablets can be used for Photoshop.

Was wondering what the best software packages are for image touching up and to sharpen them up after a session.

And if a tablet works with them!

- Yours noobily, Dom

I only have experience of Photoshop and a Wacom tablet but I would say the investment if you intend doing lots of Photoshop type work is worthwhile.

The wand/brush/pen has pressure sensitivity which is very useful when coning etc. And is much more accurate than a mouse when making selections.

Only downside is you lose the scroll wheel function from your mouse.

But overall recommended.

HTH

David

Yes Graphics tablets can be used in Photoshop. I have one and find it a great advantage, especially since mine has a pressure sensitive tip (the top models are even angle/rotation sensitive). Some people dont like them, but I think they are great in photo editing.

In fact they can be used (just about) in any application where you'd use a mouse as where you plonk the pen is where the mouse pointer moves to.

Photoshop is much easier with a tablet. Although if your only planning very minor work on prints you'll probabaly get away without one. I managed for ages without one, but wouldn't be too happy to go back now.

Ah righty - Thanks for the replies guys, dam you lot are quick at responding its lovely heheh!

I will be doing bits here and there but I dont believe in to much editing, I figure if your gonna totally edit a photo, why the hell own a camera, its about skill/knowledge to get the right shot, not producing a crap pic then editing it to hell.

I do believe in touch ups here and there however, Really improves a pic with just a few minor adjustments.

And Im useless at being accurate with a mouse so a tablet will have to be something I'll invest in over time. Anyone care to share how much you've paid for your tablet?

Ive never really looked them up before.

Back