A pretty bug?

Edit My Images
Yes
There have been some excellent macros posted here recently, so I'll add my not-so-excellent ones to the pile. :) This fella appeared in the garden this afternoon...

drag1.jpg

drag2.jpg

drag3.jpg

drag4.jpg

drag5.jpg

drag6.jpg

drag7.jpg

they are very good Silky, its not easy to get a) close enough and B) stay still long enough

4 and 6 for me are the best!

Thanks Matt. TBH if I got too close he did fly off, so they were taken with a 300mm lens! ;)

The standard of photography on these forums has improved so much recently that I find myself looking at stunning images almost everytime something new is posted. These are no different and are definately following the trend. Well done Sir.

very nice silkstone, particularly that last one, absolute beauty :)

Thanks again guys. :) I've never seen one of these in the garden before. Apparently it's a Broad-bodied Chaser dragonfly (Libellula depressa) which is common in southern England and Wales. So it must have got lost somewhere on the M1. :D

I like the composition of images 1,2,6 & 7. The backgrounds really focus your attention on the subject.
With a little more DoF, these shots would be at the top of the 'pile'.
They could do with a bit of levels/USM treatment to make some of the detail pop out.
See guide HERE
The process can be replicated using paint shop pro.

Has this chap come from your own pond, I wouldn't be suprised if it has.
Keep your eye out for some more of these Silky chasers.:)

Back