Answered A profile banner question

Edit My Images
No
Hi the Team

It looks like I missed something somewhere :banghead:

I have spotted some members (all the Team?) have a picture on their profile.....................looking at the account settings I see mention of "Profile Banner" :thinking:

So my question is was size does the banner have to be to 'fit'?

TIA

Hi the Team

It looks like I missed something somewhere :banghead:

I have spotted some members (all the Team?) have a picture on their profile.....................looking at the account settings I see mention of "Profile Banner" :thinking:

So my question is was size does the banner have to be to 'fit'?

TIA
Why don't you upload an image and see if it works. It's what I did.

pretty much what I did as well... haven't a scooby what the parameters are - they don't give me access to the spanners, just the big banhammer.

I will say, I did sort of grab something that was already a pretty wide panoramic shot to make it relatively easy to select the "viewed area".

Last edited:
pretty much what I did as well... haven't a scooby what the parameters are
Me either TBH I didn't do it ( /Bart Simpson voice )
But I suspect that it maybe FB parameters.

820 pixels wide by 312 pixels tall

The image I uploaded was 3508 × 2480 pixels

Sorted then (y)

pretty much what I did as well... haven't a scooby what the parameters are - they don't give me access to the spanners, just the big banhammer.

I will say, I did sort of grab something that was already a pretty wide panoramic shot to make it relatively easy to select the "viewed area".

The image I uploaded was 3508 × 2480 pixels

Sorted then (y)

Thanks all :D

So it seems like it is size 'agnostic' and processes the file to fit ;). I will have see what I like enough to be my banner image :thinking:

Just text - "You're a nosy git!" ? ;)

I have spotted some members (all the Team?) have a picture on their profile...
that came about when the forum software was upgraded, and someone mentioned in the staff room that there was a new toy available so most of us went and added a picture, just in case we were asked what the menu option entailed ;) Nothing more sinister than that

that came about when the forum software was upgraded, and someone mentioned in the staff room that there was a new toy available so most of us went and added a picture, just in case we were asked what the menu option entailed ;) Nothing more sinister than that

Yup, thought it must have been a "new toy" to improve the 'kerb appeal' of the neighbourhood :D

Just text - "You're a nosy git!" ? ;)

Moi? Or is that the Exeter spirit.........I used to have a colleague (and customers) there and they could be a strange lot :naughty::cautious::thinking::beer::police::oops: :$.........

;)

Just that people's profiles aren't something I look at very often. My viewing of them is pretty much restricted to seeing where they're based if they're selling something I might be interested in buying.

Back