A question about 70's compilation albums on vinyl

Edit My Images
Yes
A bit of a long shot this one but i wanted to know if anyone could remember what the compilation albums were called in the 70's. Obviously the equivalent now are "Now thats what i call music'. But what were the ones on vinyl around 75, 76 etc called? Funnilly enough they always featured a girl on the album cover from Pans People or Hot Gossip

The ones my parents have are called "Top of the Pops".

totp_vol_20.jpg

:D

Jeez that looks like about 1971/1972! Not that I remember ANY of those songs of course!! :nono:

They were crap if I remember correctly, good songs not sang by the original artists. :LOL:

Turn your msn you, and i'll tell you who's an old git :bat:
:razz:

They had music on? I thought it was all about the covers :)
Yeah the covers were always 'racey' looking women in hotpants & such, but that was merely to blind you to the fact that what was inside was so bad! :LOL:

Talking about 70's music - did anyone else see the documentary about Kenny Everet last night on TV...? Was very interesting, and talked a little about the support group Hot Gossip... yeah... remember them... I do... for a little while I went out with and was good friends with one of the girls from Hot G...:)

Well... one of the reserve dancers :):)

RESPECT !
Credit where it's due John...!

Not sure if any is due though....

No, I rememeber them well, and also, one of my most treasured records is Kenny Everets Worst ever Record show compilation - when he was on Capitol Radio when it first started, he had a section where he played the worst ever songs, and my compilation is on Yuk records, and is green vomit-vinyl. A classic if ever there was one - as for the pictured Top of the pops record Bod posted - my dad was on top of the pops with rod Stewart with Maggie May/You wear it well (a double A side, whatever that really means..) - got me the kind of attention from gilrs at school that I always dreamt about getting from a Hot Gossip laadee...

KTel ones had the original artists on them. Had many an Xmas morn in the early 70s listening to the latest hits on my new LP!!

TOTP were just crap records with a good looking girl on the sleeve however i was only 10ish at the time............................................!

Right, who remembers Johnny Reggae by the Piglets :LOL: Now that was the first record that I can remember getting banned from the radio ;)

Right, who remembers Johnny Reggae by the Piglets :LOL: Now that was the first record that I can remember getting banned from the radio ;)

:( I am ashamed to say I do :D
Then there was "wet dream" by Max romeo ( I think?)
and of course the "judge dread" series :D

Johnny Reggae Reggae lay on me...
Wasn't Jonathan King behind that ???
My, what a little hindsight does for one..
I was doing a skin-'ead stomp to that sort of stuff, till Christine Smith (not her real name..) got her big brother to tell me she fancied me, and that if I didn't go out with her, he would smash me, so I did for many weeks - he ended up going out with my sister, and was quite a nice lad, but she was rather more butch, hairy and scary, though she did have pleny of other things in her favour that she was happy to share (I remember the Christmas disco in the scouts hut pretty well...)

Back