A question about Kerso......

Dal

Is always right
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Kerso has given me a price for a bit of kit i want but i wanted to see how he's rated on here as i'm a little adament about sending the money as i don't know him.

i'm sure everything will be alright but i'd rather check first.

thanks (y)

He's great, no probs.

shifting this into suppliers section :)

There was a recent thread, think it was in for sale :)

i'm a little adament about sending the money as i don't know him.

Understandable, he was recommended to me by a friend and by others on here. I goty my nifty fifty from him before xmas. Great price, great service:banana:

I paid for a Canon 50mm f1.8 and circular polariser last Thursday after a few emails to him. I received it on Saturday and I'm now back at him to buy some filters. My limited dealings with him have been good so far.

Sent money, got lens. Easy as. :)

Rather than have this thread turn into an all out discussion about the service Kerso provides to photographers across various forums, I would suggest you search the forum using "kerso" as a field and make your own mind up.

Once you've decided on your choice of supplier, it's up to you to use the safest method of payment you can. I'm sure thats common sense and a practice you would follow for any purchase.

TPf can't be held responsible for purchases, :)

The first thing I got from Ian was £1400 worth of 40D, 24-70 2.8L and other bits. I only bought from him on the word of people here - and I can say his service is fantastic!

I had no fear that I was going to be scammed, his customer service and communication was brilliant.

I've ordered my 2nd lot of stuff with no fear at all.

Have no fear, the boy is the biz(y)(y)(y)(y)

17-40L ordered on a Weds (Bank Transfer) postman at the door Sat morning:love::LOL:, this was before Xmas, so got the cash back from Canon as well.(y)

I agree with digital failure, we all on the forum as regulars know and trust Ian, I think, so let's direct newbies to a search and save all this typing!!

I've spent over 5K on him. The first time was rather scary, I opted to stick money into his account, but I've had no problems what so ever. All 4 lenses are great copies and 20k clicks on my 5D with no problems either.

The chances are I'll go to him for my next lens and body too.

There's another huge Canon forum that I post at and there's a huge ass thread there with happy Kerso customers.

Same here. ordered a 24-70L this morning and he says will get it tommorow.. so far so good.. seems a top seller

As above - bought Canon 2.8 70-200L. Had the same concerns as you but had the lens within a few days of the bank transfer going through.

I was a little hestitant with my first purchase off Kerso (it was over £4k though)... I actually travelled to meet his relatives and picked up and paid cash, i now wouldnt hestitate in sending the money up front as he is definately a top bloke.

Highly recommend (y)

Fear not, I have spent a fair few bob with him!

Hmm a bit worried... Got the lens today and it has the canon int warranty...where i fill in my details it says canon usa inc and canon canada inc... on the flip side it only lists usa and canada service centres
I presume I can use canon UK with this warranty?

Hi Kipax.

I registered my 70-200 L online at Canon UK and had no problems.

Steve

recommend Kerso to anyone, bought 70-200 F4L from him no trouble at all...........I used bank transfer but I know he takes Paypal and cheques.

Yep never regged online before..usually buy used... Just done it now.... Panick button now deactivated.. stood down..

Cheers :)

Yep never regged online before..usually buy used... Just done it now.... Panick button now deactivated.. stood down..

Cheers :)

All Canon lens's have a Worldwide warranty, for a claim / Repair under warranty all you need is your receipt from Kerso. Even if you register with Canon you will still need to produce your receipt.

All Canon lens's have a Worldwide warranty, for a claim / Repair under warranty all you need is your receipt from Kerso. Even if you register with Canon you will still need to produce your receipt.

yeagh it was just a bit confusing with it only listing a usa and a canadian center..

all sorted now.... well,, still to get rid of my sigma 24-70 yet

Thanks for your comments guys. KIPAX, the warranty is valid in UK with invoice I provide. I won't let you down regardless. Ian.

yeagh it was just a bit confusing with it only listing a usa and a canadian center..

all sorted now.... well,, still to get rid of my sigma 24-70 yet

Yep regged and invoice kept... You have another fan here kerso .. will certainly deal again... get some cheapo canon mkIII in ;-)

Would just like to add that today i took delivery of the following ordered from Kerso out of the bay and no paypal >

40d Body
70-200L F2.8 IS
Battery grip
Extra battery
77mm Filter

All well packaged and on time so a BIG thank you to Kerso, i would highly recommend him.

my email was playing up so he posted by snail mail, if you ave saving to make, make it with kerso, I will be AGAIN, soon

the man is like ronseal, it does exactly what it says on the tin(y)

well i got my flashgun through the post today, so big thanks to kerso, the postiesaid it should of been delivered the day before which i didnt think was right but checked the postage mark and it should of so i'm meant to be able to claim the postage back aswell.

Will defo buy more stuff from you in the future.

I've bought a Sigma 17-70mm, should receive my 50mm f1.8 this week and when I save the pennies for my 430EX speedlite, I'll be buying it from Ian.

Great communication, nothing to be worried about at all!

They don't come any better than Ian Kerr..

Top bloke, Excellent prices.:)

Yep, another fan here. I've only just joined here but I bought two lenses from Ian last year via ebay. Needless to say he is marked as a favourite on ebay. Absolutely fab!

Ali

Back