A road to nowhere

That`s a very unusual Angle for you . Looks like a Drone photo .
:D I do take the easy option sometimes Mark................and yes Shaz said exactly the same.part of the reason to share.........................Mark it's made from campervan window,hill running upwards and away from me/us.......and basically I'd summise telephoto compression has done the rest...leading to sort of a photo illusion

Mark I do a fair bit of what I call "drive by" with roe. Largely I'm frustrated by the POV as you would imagine, just now and then it gives me a gem...............but in many ways the point is having my lady right there besides me as opposed to her o watching me crawl up to sommit from a distance away.

Drive by is very productive I can hit spot after spot, with no permission............... roe being habitual makes it productive, but somehow it isn't the same as what I love doing crawling up to something that is bonkers and having complete control over shooting angles

Not the same for me but as before there are perks within being able to share the moment and just now and then................ something I like appears back of camera.....I show ya one in a while;)

Must have made you a bit uncomfortable being so comfortable when shooting!!! LOVE the shot and the odd looking angle. (I thought maybe you had set up a stand in a tree!)

Must have made you a bit uncomfortable being so comfortable when shooting!!! LOVE the shot and the odd looking angle. (I thought maybe you had set up a stand in a tree!)
High seat me OMG :runaway: 5foot is bad enough I suffer vertigo Nod... no pain no gain me on a plate

ha but we both know the joy isn't always the image sometimes I miss frames watching her it's nice sharing moments.she 's not getting my choccies though ( lies)

Funny I can do roe close till the cows come home and i share the weird image.all as it should be;)

I have a slight advantage over you, Stu - I KNOW I'm pretty cr@p at wildlife, mainly because I don't have the attention span/patience to wait for the good shots, so only ever get lucky grabs! I always feel privileged when I see natural behaviour and try to catch as much as possible with the Mk 1 eyeballs, although the holey memory bank does let some things fall out!!!

As always, thanks for sharing your shots with us mortals.

I have a slight advantage over you, Stu - I KNOW I'm pretty cr@p at wildlife, mainly because I don't have the attention span/patience to wait for the good shots, so only ever get lucky grabs! I always feel privileged when I see natural behaviour and try to catch as much as possible with the Mk 1 eyeballs, although the holey memory bank does let some things fall out!!!

As always, thanks for sharing your shots with us mortals.
buddy thank you for the last line, kind deeply humblin' Wish i could show my chosen genre due diligence.........ahh the the time in the field i SO crave that time

I like that Stu, very different.
Ta Dale it's a strange one.probably an image I'd have only "seen" if looking through viewfinder...............through the lens..so much to learn bro !! ;)

I like that Stu!

You mention it is a picture that you'd probably only have 'seen' looking through a viewfinder...I know exactly what you mean and of late I have perhaps taken this one stop further.

In more relaxed photography sessions (ie the ones where I am not struggling just to keep critters roughly in the frame!), I have found that framing stuff on my phone suggests new images I certainly wouldn't have found using my eyes (and no doubt limited imagination!)

Last edited:
Ian .erm I don't have a smart phone.I'm primitive use a camera for piccies :LOL: ;)

More seriously.........being able to conceptualize what the lens sees is a personal aspiration.........

ahh one day matey.

one day

Ian isn't there so so much to learn.....isn't that what makes wildlife such a thrill.one is always found wanting.

but one knows

it's not out of reach

man I adore that challenge:love:

Thanks John............................... you back for your trip yet mate..................... was it astounding and wonderful??
Yes, yes and yes!
Absolutely brilliant, pressure on as the wife wants a book of it for Christmas no pressure. Just posted a couple today.
take care

Yes, yes and yes!
Absolutely brilliant, pressure on as the wife wants a book of it for Christmas no pressure. Just posted a couple today.
take care
COOL.......... I'll have a dig in a mo..

hmm book........I need to finish sommit and do another......who do you use John . the only photobook I have done so far just images was from photobox.really pleased to be fair with the result....ahh well that's another stu thread derail complete :D

Back