A second attempt at macro shots

Name
Claire Crowe
Edit My Images
Yes
Tried out some more macro shots today although was struggling a bit to find an interesting subject, but its all practice.

1)
Picture004.jpg

2)
Picture001-2.jpg
)
3)
Picture042.jpg

4)
Picture040.jpg

5)
Picture027.jpg

6)
Picture026.jpg

C&C welcome

I think the paperclip shots hold a lot of weight. I would maybe like them a bit brighter. GOod efforts.

Good shots i like the first one the best, the rest of them seem a bit dark to me try getting some more light on them :D

Thanks for the advice, I will give them another go, or is this something that can be done in pp?

have a play with the levels in Ps if you have it, that should do the trick..

I have had a go at changing this is in PS, Is it any better? Also is was my first go with PS!

Picture027a.jpg

I really like the abstract matchsticks and paperclips and agree that they're a bit dark.The one you've done a bit of pp on is much stronger but you could probably give it even more oomph and get some nice dark shadows and good highlights without going ott.

The matchsticks might benefit from a bit of cropping to get the main points of interest on to 1/3s -in your photo this would mean taking off some of the lhs and bottom.(you don't have the box ticked to allow editing or I'd show yo what I mean).

Once you start looking you'll be amazed at what you can find to shoot:D:D

Good start(y)

This is one option for the matchsticks...

Originals by ClaireLeeds
Claireleedsmatchsticks-2.jpg

and after a little play with the levels on the paperclips.

Paperclips-2.jpg

If you don't like them I can take them down.

Thanks Kiasmum, I like what you have done with matchsticks, I like the tight crop.

Back