a selection from today...

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
well,what with having a spare hour or two and the nice weather...i decided to go for a walk around pant-y-sais fen,known for it's giant raft spiders..to see what was about armed with just my sigma 105 macro lens.it's the first time i've really used it since last year,plus the breezy conditions made for difficult shooting,but all in all..an enjoyable few hours.

i'd appreciate some help inidentifying the butterfly,flies and caterpillar..

thanks for looking.

1/
DSC01582.jpg

2/
DSC01567.jpg

3/
DSC01566.jpg

4/
DSC01554.jpg

5/
DSC01543.jpg

6/
daisy1.jpg

Nice set of images Stan but I am afraid i am no help what so ever in ID...

I think its about time I got my Macro out and I bet you anything I will be in shake city for a couple of weeks until the common sense kicks in and I bring out the tripod...

Nigel

Nice set of images Stan but I am afraid i am no help what so ever in ID...

I think its about time I got my Macro out and I bet you anything I will be in shake city for a couple of weeks until the common sense kicks in and I bring out the tripod...

Nigel

cheers nigel mate...no worries about the ID,as i'm sure someone will be able to help ;).it certainly is totally different from everyday shooting with the closeness of your subject and any movement is magnified.it was a bit of shaky city for me too,as i binned about 80% of shots taken through blur and bad focussing :bonk:

all the above were hand held as using a tripod would have been futile with everything was moving to quickly in the warm afternoon sun ;)

1, 3, 4, and 6 are cracking Stan (y) no chance of me identifying any though :LOL:

Hope you and Jackie are keeping well :)

Nice set Stan, #1 is Rhingia campestris and #5 a drone fly Eristalis tenax, both hoverflies.

Are these hand held or tripod ....as they are superb and I may just nick Eileens 105 for a couple of hours one day

The butterfly as far as I can tell is the Orange tip (Anthocharis cardamines) and due to its body being a blueish colour I would say male....hope this is right

I reckon pretty good set, particularly for hand held in windy conditions (y)

The butterfly as far as I can tell is the Orange tip (Anthocharis cardamines) and due to its body being a blueish colour I would say male....hope this is right

I believe only the male has the orange tips to the wings.

Back