Critique A selection of Spiders

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.
Here is my selection of spiders, all are different ones.
#1 A Crab spider, Found on my car rear window, hence the reflections.
View attachment 36640
#2 A Jumping spider, A rather large one too
View attachment 36641
#3 This one was very close to the one above.
View attachment 36642
#4 On the wall near the 2 above, a very obliging chap he was too.
View attachment 36643
#5 A Green orb, really nice colours green too, the 1st I have seen.
View attachment 36644
Thanks for looking and any C&C is welcome.

Last edited:
Love those jumpers very jealous...

Personally think #1 is my fav love the reflections it has worked very well even on a french car lol

Last one needs an exposure boost other wise all looking good on phone. Maybe I will revisit on my computer later ;)

Nice set of images Graham, for me #4 is the best of the batch.(y)

George.

No 4 is head and shoulders above the rest. You should post that standard of picture all the time. You have shown you are more than capable of shooting great shots like this. Stick to the best ones and drop the dross Graham. I know it's tempting to post every species you capture but don't distract from your best work.;)

No 4 is head and shoulders above the rest. You should post that standard of picture all the time. You have shown you are more than capable of shooting great shots like this. Stick to the best ones and drop the dross Graham. I know it's tempting to post every species you capture but don't distract from your best work.;)
As you have said before and I do take note (just not all the time)
Wish my eyes were like they were several years ago then I could take shots like No 4 all the time, If only I could now (sigh) Its pure chance that I got this one in good focus and I did take enough to get that chance (974 for the 2 days total) :wacky:
Thanks Brian for your kind words (y) oh and your upfront comments :)

Surely not the best way to learn though is it? What if Graham sees all of these as being good then he is doing what you say. Lol

It's been good watching the progress and I'm sure as more time goes by the 1 great shot will become 2 and then 3 and 4 per set etc

Luck, b****x Graham. Give yourself credit when it's due. You knew what you wanted to get with the shot, you set the camera and flash, you focused it, you took the picture. How's that luck? You just need to be consistent in the quality of stuff you post and be more brutal in selecting your best. Because your best is up there with some of the top Macro shots going about on here.

Surely not the best way to learn though is it? What if Graham sees all of these as being good then he is doing what you say. Lol

It's been good watching the progress and I'm sure as more time goes by the 1 great shot will become 2 and then 3 and 4 per set etc

Regardless of how bad he says his eyes are, there's no way on this earth you can say any of the other pics as anywhere near as good as No 4. They're just not in the same league.

Hopefully he will take a lot more keepers and then select the best ones to post on here. He has proved he can do it.

Indeed but as you know you train your eyes etc.. so the process takes time.

Sometimes selecting dross is hard if you think I don't know why that one doesn't work.

Graham sure does have the ability and the eyes for a good shot whether he believes it is down to him.

Love those jumpers very jealous...

Personally think #1 is my fav love the reflections it has worked very well even on a french car lol
Cheeky git :D

Back