Todays offering

Canon 1D mkiv
Canon 600mm f4 i.s
Iso 800
F4
Shutter 1/800
Todays shortie fact
The colouring of a Short eared owl is as follows
Buff colored chest with brown streaking; belly whitish with less streaking Normally the female is darker than the male
Regards All
Richard

Hi All
Todays offering

Canon 1D mkiv
Canon 600mm f4 i.s
Iso 640
F4
Shutter 1/1000
Todays Shortie Fact they are sexually active after their first birthday
Regards
Richard

Keep them coming, colours in this one gorgeous

Keep them coming, colours in this one gorgeous
Another top inflight Richard.

Thanks Both I was beginning to wonder if I should carry on or not
Todays Offering

Canon 1D mk iv
Canon 600mm F4 i.s
Iso 400
F5
Shutter 1/1000
Todays Shortie Fact
Males when courting may offer food as a bribe :naughty: "Not much difference between us and them is there" ;)
Regards All
Richard

Carry on Richard ,their are new members poping along all the time and its stuff like this that can inspire and educate new and old members ,last shot is the type i like ,skimming low over the long grassy foilage

Carry on Richard ,their are new members poping along all the time and its stuff like this that can inspire and educate new and old members ,last shot is the type i like ,skimming low over the long grassy foilage
Top work Richard.

Hi Both
Cheers both, it is always difficult to know if people are getting board with a continuing thread like this so as long as people keep replying I will keep posting
Todays Offering

Canon 1D mk iv
Canon 600mm F4 i.s
Iso 200
F 5.6
Shutter 1/1000
Todays Short Eared Owl fact :thinking: "damn this is getting hard":banghead:
In The Owl family the Short eared owl varies the most in their colour than any other.
Regards
Richard

Hi Both
Cheers both, it is always difficult to know if people are getting board with a continuing thread like this so as long as people keep replying I will keep posting
Todays Offering

Canon 1D mk iv
Canon 600mm F4 i.s
Iso 200
F 5.6
Shutter 1/1000
In The Owl family the Short eared owl varies the most in their colour than any other.
Regards
Richard
Now that i love. The pose is stunning, who needs both eyes in an owl shot when you can get this.Stunning.1 day i will get down there to see things like this for myself.

Now that i love. The pose is stunning, who needs both eyes in an owl shot when you can get this.Stunning.1 day i will get down there to see things like this for myself.

Cheers mate I shall be chasing them in earnest later in the year and I will keep you updated If I find somewhere they are pretty constant
Todays offering

Canon 1D mkiv
Canon 600mm F4 i.s.
Iso 640
F4
Shutter 1/1000
Todays Shortie Fact ;)I am a short eared owl addict and there is nothing I can do about it :)not that I would want to anyway :D
Regards All
Richard

Not to bad Rich considering the equipment you had lol. If you want you take the next step then get yourself a Sigma 150-500.

Hi Mark thanks mate :) I suppose it would be quicker than a brick of a Nikon lens ;) but then as you said I really don't want to go backwards :D

Beauty Richard.

Cheers Don

Todays Offering

Canon 1D mkiv
Canon 600mm f4 i.s
Iso 640
F 4
Shutter 1/1000
Todays Shortie fact
The Short Eared Owl is stockier than its relative the long Eared Owl and has a longer wingspan.
Regards All
Richard

Very Nice Richard.

Hi Don
Thanks glad you are enjoying them
Todays offering

Canon 1D mkiv
Canon 600mm f4 i.s
Iso 200
F 5.6
Shutter 1/800
Todays shortie fact
Short-eared Owls tend to be gregarious and form communal roosts
Regards All
Richard

Hi Both
Todays Offering

Canon 1D mk iv
Canon 600mm F4 i.s
Iso 200
F 5.6
Shutter 1/1000
Regards
Richard

What a beauty Richard, I think I may have been stood next to you with this one, as I have one that looks very similar..?

What a beauty Richard, I think I may have been stood next to you with this one, as I have one that looks very similar..?

Hi All
Thanks Jason it could well have been.
I am sorry to report that I can not put any more images up for a while as an out of control trailer took out the telegraph pole outside my house early Sunday morning. I am posting from my phone at the moment I did try to upload some images that way but it is not having it.
As soon as I am back on I will post the missing images on mass.
Regards
Richard

Your just making excuses mate- get your butt out and take some pics. Next you will be saying the dog ate your homework.

:naughty:The dog did eat my homework I couldn't help it if I coated in jam:p:)
Joking aside I am taking a group to the Farnes on the June 10th and the 11th so hopefully I might get a few images. Feel free to drop down if you and Chas are in the mood and you have any holidays left.
Regards
Rich

Back