A Splash of Water

Third for me, love the contrasting tones and textures, excellent exposure.

Although No1 comes a very close second.

Good work :)

I like all of them :p how long were these exposures for? Did you have to use a ND filter?
They have come out really nice and sharp.

I like all of them :p how long were these exposures for? Did you have to use a ND filter?
They have come out really nice and sharp.

Sharpness, yea it took me a while to master sharp images, the essential items being a tripod, but what made a difference for me was when I discovered the Mirror Lock...some say it makes little to no difference...well I beg to differ...with a good lens, mirror lock can make all the difference and your images will be even sharper. Another aspect of getting sharp image is lens choice, I mean Zoom vs Prime. I have some L series Zoom's and some non L series Primes, and the primes are way better for sharpness...so I plan to invest in some L series primes over the coming year, but as they are far from cheap it'll probably take more than a year to get the ones I want.

I tend to shoot water shots at F16/18 and sometimes F22 with a CP filter only....not got round to getting a ND filter yet.

Third for me, love the contrasting tones and textures, excellent exposure.

Although No1 comes a very close second.

Good work :)

Thanks Les, 3rd shot is actually quite a close crop....still in awe at how much of a crop you can make with the 5D and still get acceptable images.

I'm gonna go with the second shot. The contrast between the smooth uniform flow against the rough unpredictable force gets it for me.

Back