A trip to "The Keighley & Worth Valley Railway".

Edit My Images
No
I took a day off and went to one of my favourite preserved lines the "K&WVR".

However with it being mid week there was only one loco in steam, but the light wasn't too bad.

4351b.jpg

4395b.jpg

4389b.jpg

4449b.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely photos M8. Like the 2nd one the way it is framed.

I love #2 and #4 outstanding set. #2 reminds me of the Thomas series. and I wonder what #4 would look like in mono I'm sure it would be fab. (y) I would crop 1 inch off the left to remove that distracting car in the background too.

Last edited:
my godfather used to do this sort of thing

nice photos to be honest
classic shots.
surprised by the noise on the photos though, esp at 200-800ISO on the 40D. is that deliberate in post processing? or compression??

Nice shots.

I went to the beer festival there last weekend. Did take a few shots but not really any good.

Like the last one. Looks a bit like you used a heavy ND filter? If the loco was moving at the time, how did you freeze the movement in a scene that dark?

all very good photos, No4 is a really terrific shot. I am also wondering how you managed to get it so sharp at 1.3 sec exposure never the less a good set of photos colin

hello stu,

another classic set of shots from you.

taking days off work as well, how lucky is that mate.

keep up the great work.

i have no favourite, i just like them all.

cheers paul

Great set of photos, each one getting better than the last, although saying that I think I like the one with the bridge in just slightly more than the others. They are all great though.

Love No 2 Stuart, great set (y)

We have friends who live at the very top of Keighley... must pay them and the railway a visit in the New Year :)

Thanks for all your comments.
That last shot is a cracker, was it a special night time shooting opportunity, or just an end of the day shot.
It was the last train of the day and something I've wanted to try for a while, just wish the car and van hadn't been in the car park.
I went to the beer festival there last weekend. Did take a few shots but not really any good.
That could be the beer's fault. ;)
Like the last one. Looks a bit like you used a heavy ND filter? If the loco was moving at the time, how did you freeze the movement in a scene that dark?
The train was stationary at the time, the loco has to pull past the platform so that all the coaches are alongside it, and no filters were used.
We have friends who live at the very top of Keighley... must pay them and the railway a visit in the New Year :)
If you do go try to coincide your visit with one of the steam galas when you get visiting locos and a busy timetable.

There's a few more on my website if you're interested.

Numbr 1 - superb

Number 2 - very nice colours and framed really well.

Number 3 - pleasant

Number 4 - chocolate box christmas card material, surely at least the car could disappear into the shadows of the van or what ever it is - that aint too bad as it is red and adds to the christmas theme.

Look forward to the next set :)

All four are great. My favourite is 2 because I think the framing is fantastic, closely followed by 1.

Looking good - red thing just merges with general background imo - great shot - with all the rail enthusiasts that are about, surely you must be able to sell these and retire before you reach 25 !

Great shot imo :)

Back