A visit to Kelburn Country Park

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought I would share a few images taken today. Friends tell me they are very good but of course the real test is when the experts look. Any comments and advice on how to improve welcome.

One

DSC_3359.JPG

Two

DSC_3371.JPG

Three

DSC_3512.JPG

Four

DSC_3520.JPG

Five

DSC_3520copy.jpg

I know the one above is cropped too far in but sometimes you have little choice if there is distracting backgrounds, handlers etc. This one one of those occasions.

Thanks

I'm not an expert but, for me, they're a cracking set of pics, #2 has to be my fave from the set

Stephen,

Again, no expert. My comments on no 1 and 2

No 1 has blown highlights on the under wing. A simple sort is to use shadows/highlights and set the sliders to - shadows 10/20/20 and highlights to 70/30/30. Still leaves a little bit of pure white (blown).

I would then crop the image, tighter to the tail and top wing while leaving space for the bird to fly into - the rule of thirds seems to work here.

No 2, haven't played with this one - but again a tighter crop at the tail. Don't like the overall colour, the colour of the grass is distracting.

Regards,

John

Many thanks for kind comments and feedback.

John - I will have a go at this at the weekend. I'm out and about with work till then.

Thank you

Of course being a Nikon owner the pictures will come out well , like them all.

Realspeed

realspeed said:
Of course being a Nikon owner the pictures will come out well , like them all.

Realspeed

The bird handler said the same thing oddly enough:)

Back