A walk around the Scottish Parliament

Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

We had a wander round the Scottish Parliament this afternoon, what an excellent opportunity to use my new 50mm lens:)
Love it or hate it the buliding it great to photograph even on a dull cloudy day like today. Here's my favourites

[URL="

I liked the shape of the stones and lights, it kinda reminds me of a love heart.
Btw, I did try to clone out that carrier bag but my cloning isn't so great so it had to stay!

[URL="

The pods are unusual, each one different. I was going for an abstract look here. I think the angle works better than straight on. Looks much better on a black background though.

[URL="

I like the lines in this shot

[URL="

This one is my least favourite, I was trying to capture the concrete beams and pillars.

The 50mm lens is so different from the standard 18mm-55mm that came with the camera. Last time I went to the scottish Parliament I had to bin most of my shots, they were taken at 18mm to try to fit in as much of the buliding as possible. That didn't work! Can't do that with the 50mm so had to think a bit more about the shot and try a few different angles. I think the results are much better.

As usual any comments appreciated.

Carol

Hi, Carol, of the set it's #1 for me. I like the moody B&W and the reflections. Just the carrier bag distracts a tad.

I do like the building, though.

Cheers.

Very nice set. I like the shapes and lines in #4 although I would be tempted to crop it a bit. :)

Back