A Wander up Snowdon

I like that, sort of like 4 strips of different texture. Sky/mountain/wall/grass

Nice :)

Great. Looks cold up there!!!

I like that, sort of like 4 strips of different texture. Sky/mountain/wall/grass

Nice :)

Exactly the same thoughts came to my mind, nicely balanced to give that impression(y)

Thank you and yup, we had axes and crampons, still turned round at Clogwyn Ridge though, it was grim up there!

A friend of mine went up Snowdon in the winter a few years ago, he said they got to a point where the snow was coming down that heavy you couldn't look straight ahead even with goggles on so you had to turn your head to one side but then the force of the wind sucked all the air out of your mouth so you couldn't breathe.

er no thanks :wacky:

As said above some nice layers but it just makes me feel cold :)

Yeah the Ranger was telling us going up... Even so, on the way down we bumped into people on the way up in jeans and trainers! Madness!

I've seen them myself often..it's a big problem particularly with Snowdon I think because people stop in the car park at the top of the Llanberis Pass and get the impression it's a nice little stroll to the top, seemingly oblivious to the dangers..whilst it wouldn't work for some I think it would be well worthwhile erecting some very noticeable and strongly worded signs at the beginning of the main paths leaving the car park, maybe they should start doing something similiar as they do for dangerous roads and add the numbers of injured/killed to the sign :shrug:

simon

Back