A wee drop o' milk

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
No
12.30am and no whisky in the house. Got the milk out instead. Didn't fancy drinking it so took a few pictures instead. Still need a bit more practise with this manual focus malarky, but I think i'm getting closer.

3875768609_1117d97ede_o.jpg

That's cool BS :) Not much problem with the focus that I can see. Love the soft creamy colours - how did you get them? You deserve a Scotch for that (y)

That's cool BS :) Not much problem with the focus that I can see. Love the soft creamy colours - how did you get them? You deserve a Scotch for that (y)

Thanks Hoppy, colours are from flash bounce on a printed card behind the bowl.

manual focus part is actually quite easy. I just use a pen or something to point to the area/location the drops are going to land, then manual focus on that - seems to work pretty well.

img_3826.jpg

color in your image looks great, very creamy (lol), like the way you've managed to capture the main drop separated from pool part too

Gary

Last edited:
manual focus part is actually quite easy. I just use a pen or something to point to the area/location the drops are going to land, then manual focus on that - seems to work pretty well.

That was the technique I used believe it or not. Even had to throw away the pen as I dropped it in the milk. My other problem was I was using my tripod to hang a bag of milk on which left me hand holding the camera and not an entirely consistent drip. I really need to perfect my setup before I can progress with the pictures I think.

Honest there really was no whisky before I started:nuts:

Love the shot! What do you guys use to get the drip of milk/liquid? And do you set the camera to continuous, or do you try and time it for the drip?

Josh.

Really well caught shot, great colours and nice and sharp :clap:.... Could do with a bit of a saturation / contrast boost though to bring out the colours! ...HTH (y)

Last edited:
Really well caught shot, great colours and nice and sharp :clap:.... Could do with a bit of a saturation / contrast boost though to bring out the colours though! ...HTH (y)

Having seen your wonderful shots, any crit from you is welcome. To get a compliment though has made my day (y)
Just starting to get to grips with pp so will have a play around with saturation/contrast.

Many thanks

Edit : Had a quick go, any better?

3879743328_a1196b06d6_o.jpg

Last edited:
Having seen your wonderful shots, any crit from you is welcome. To get a compliment though has made my day (y)
Just starting to get to grips with pp so will have a play around with saturation/contrast.

Many thanks

Many thanks kind Sir ..... :cool:

Edit : Had a quick go, any better?

3879743328_a1196b06d6_o.jpg

Yes it is! ... I Just had a quick play with the shot in PS and came up with this: Hope you don't mind :)

Please be aware this was a very low res image to start with... :)

Yes it is! ... I Just had a quick play with the shot in PS and came up with this: Hope you don't mind :)

Please be aware this was a very low res image to start with... :)

I certainly don't mind, and yes your work on it is much better :clap: Can you tell me what you did?
I just bumped the contrast and saturation and then brought them back a bit because I tend to overdo things.

Really impressed with the droplet pictures so i followed the youtube tutorial linked to by Barry (thanks) and this is my fav shot:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3515/3881389733_d21e59bc8b_b.jpg

Just used a normal tray and placed it under our tap letting it drip slowly. Onboard flash used.

Any good?

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

I certainly don't mind, and yes your work on it is much better :clap: Can you tell me what you did?

Sorry Barry! I honestly can't remember :bonk: Next time I mess with someone's pics I'll record what I do.... many appologies from me!

Keep seeing these drop shots and meaning to give it a go.

I do like the colour and creamyness to the milk, no pun intended, honest ;)

I do hope you drank the milk afterwards though as would have been a waste of a great Strawberry mikshake :LOL:

Sorry Barry! I honestly can't remember :bonk: Next time I mess with someone's pics I'll record what I do.... many appologies from me!

No problem, if I wasn't so lazy I would learn how to do things myself.

Keep seeing these drop shots and meaning to give it a go.

I do like the colour and creamyness to the milk, no pun intended, honest ;)

I do hope you drank the milk afterwards though as would have been a waste of a great Strawberry mikshake :LOL:

Whole milk on it's use by date, so was quite creamy but was going down the sink anyway.

Back