A weekend at the Nurburgring

Edit My Images
No
Here's a few from a little road trip I had last weekend. The green Focus is mine...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

dumb question, but how do you get access to the track for shooting?

looks like you had a lot of fun, though. I went back in 1993 and my dad wouldnt let me drive his car!

did you get a nurburgring sticker for the back of you car?

Where the heck is the merc going?
Just can't for the life of me work out why his front wheels are at that angle, has he just exited a corner and is/has corrected/correcting a slide?
Anyway looks like a fun trip, some nice atmospheric track shots. Always nice to see others "view" on things.

Shaun

so you can pull off the track?

There are spectator car parks dotted around the outside of the track, but you have to be prepared to walk too. We parked up and strayed about 2.5KM from the car to get to Karussell.

You can see on this map, we were parked at Brünnchen

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/Circuit_Nürburgring-Nordschleife.png

And walked to Karussell. A 5KM round trip!

That Merc was pushing quite hard, it was very quick, so that's probably why the wheels are at that angle!

I've got a gallery online here:

http://www.the365project.co.uk/nurburgring2008.html

I won't fill this thread with pictures from it! But have a look if you want!

(I'm Mike's brother and travel companion/navigator by the way!)

I think I've heard of the place. ;)

I read your thread on Ben's forum and a very interesting read, indeed!

Your photos are excellent! (y)

There are spectator car parks dotted around the outside of the track, but you have to be prepared to walk too. We parked up and strayed about 2.5KM from the car to get to Karussell.
Good going. When we went last October we managed to get lost in the Adenauer forest for 3.5 hours on the way back from Karussell!

The light was going and we were seriously worried we weren't going to get out before nightfall. At one point we even considered heading back to the track whilst we could still hear cars going round, waiting till it closed then walking the track back to the entrance.

Portable GPS next time methinks!

Back