A1 Ao

Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
anyone out there got a LARGE FORMAT A0 printer
were considering going the whole hog .
probably EPSON 9800 OR 9880.
have you got any experience/opinions on these.? we already have A2 epsons , and have had no probs.
we have work waiting from a client already,if we want it. but are not yet 100% on wether were prepared to spend £4k+. then again, if were going A! , we may as well go A0.
or does anyone prefer different manufacturers.
thanks in anticipation.
mark.

is it worth having a word with leeP from togprint and see what he uses? bit out of the price range at the mo for me, but another free bump to the top

ta for the bump fletch.
been checking up on em. and as with everything else out there , the price differential between diferent suppliers is astounding.
some charging more excluding vat , than others including vat.
made a few email enquiries , and had six companies ring today, trying to sell us one. want to offer you finance too. again with vastly varied rates
non have succeeded yet.
still looking.
mark

We've got an Epson 9600 at work and have used it now for about 3yrs +

It produces very good results. We output onto GMG 250g semi matt paper for 'High Res' work and Kodak Matchprint double sided media (normal paper) for 'Low Res' backed up proofs.

We have ours colour managed through GMG which press matches to our printing presses. (Around £2500.00 I think for the software and GretagMacbeth Eye One reader),

Consumables are around:-

£45 for your genuine ink x 7 cartridges £315.00
GMG Semi Matt per roll (42" x 30m) is around £212.00
Kodak Matchprint per box of 100 sheets (42" x 30") is £223.00

These are our bulk buy costs, so may work out to be more expensive for you.

So not cheap to get started, but depending on what you output/charge you should easily cover costs.

Hope that helps.

You also have the maintenance tank to replace every so often (3-4 months for us @ £18.00 a pop)
And other items like the cutter blade, feed motor, etc... all need replacing over the course of time.

Also the people we use & any other genuine Epson maintenance contractor, have been told by Epson that 'We' now have to contact Epson first when any thing needs doing on the machine, they quote a price and then we have an option to go else where, which we do 'cause its always cheaper.

anyone out there got a LARGE FORMAT A0 printer
were considering going the whole hog .
probably EPSON 9800 OR 9880.
have you got any experience/opinions on these.? we already have A2 epsons , and have had no probs.
we have work waiting from a client already,if we want it. but are not yet 100% on wether were prepared to spend £4k+. then again, if were going A! , we may as well go A0.
or does anyone prefer different manufacturers.
thanks in anticipation.
mark.

Hey Mark

Yeah - we have a 9800 here and awaiting an 11880.
The results are pretty astonishing and each and everytime a print comes off it, I'm never disappointed (neither are the clients!).

The downside is, you really must use quality media and inks to get the most from it. Regular services withe 9800 and a flush of the system once a quarter (which can use a LOT of ink!).

I use and trust Epson fully. I had an ink-head go on the 9800 and they were quickly onsite and sorted it promptly. Downside is, Epson are expensive!

For a 24" roll (12.5m) of their premium canvas, expect to pay £120 + VAT or thereabouts which works out about 26p per inch pull which is crazy money really!

I'm only about30 mins drive North of you, so feel free to pop on up and have a look / ask questions etc.

If you're not satisfied or have doubts about 44", then I can recommend the 7880 fully which is a brilliant device also. And then for the occassional print that's larger, contract it out (y)

Only a PM away if you have any questions.

Lee

ta for the bump fletch.
been checking up on em. and as with everything else out there , the price differential between diferent suppliers is astounding.
some charging more excluding vat , than others including vat.
made a few email enquiries , and had six companies ring today, trying to sell us one. want to offer you finance too. again with vastly varied rates
non have succeeded yet.
still looking.
mark

Oh - and ITDatabases can be highly recommended. They came through on the deal for me last year and worked their asses off to deliver in time for a large order I had waiting!!

thanks guys, and especialy lee p.
not decided on eother he 9800 or the newer 9880, and still waiting for a couple of suppliers to get back to us.
thanks again lee. we may well take you up on that offer. ta.
mark.

No worries Mark (y)

I buy only. Looked into leasing, but preferred the purchasing option.

We'll see what's on offer when it's crunch time for the 64" monster.

And a 360CS .. :naughty:

I wish :LOL::LOL:

Mark

If it helps, I'll check in the morning at work, as we got a very good quote for a 9800 about 2 months ago, I'll also give you details of our current consumables suppliers etc..

Glen.

after you mentioned the 11800lee, i looked it up out of curiosity.
HOW MUCH? flipeneken.:eek:
looking at the tech specs of the 9880 and 9800 , i,m confused. whats the biggest ROLL size they,ll take.
it LOOKS like you can print 44 inch sheet, but only 24 inch roll. am i reading that wrong.?
mark.

after you mentioned the 11800lee, i looked it up out of curiosity.
HOW MUCH? flipeneken.:eek:
looking at the tech specs of the 9880 and 9800 , i,m confused. whats the biggest ROLL size they,ll take.
it LOOKS like you can print 44 inch sheet, but only 24 inch roll. am i reading that wrong.?
mark.

Yes :LOL::LOL:

You can print 44" on a roll x 40.5m longest (without hacking the software).

ta lee.moment of panic over.
weve got a potential client wanting 20x16 canvas,s printing(so 2 side by side) at 16x 12 actual print size.maybe 20 a week) .
so 44 inch rolls would be ideal. plus obviously we can print BIG, and produce our own canvas wraps at better costs , thus profit, for ourselves.
weve had wedding clients ask about big canvas wraps , but by the time we outsource em, we dont make much on them.
again , thanks for all your help/advice.
mark.

ta lee.moment of panic over.
weve got a potential client wanting 20x16 canvas,s printing(so 2 side by side) at 16x 12 actual print size.maybe 20 a week) .
so 44 inch rolls would be ideal. plus obviously we can print BIG, and produce our own canvas wraps at better costs , thus profit, for ourselves.
weve had wedding clients ask about big canvas wraps , but by the time we outsource em, we dont make much on them.
again , thanks for all your help/advice.
mark.

Mark

You would think that true wouldn't you?

However, a 20 x 16 canvas is usually printed 23 x 19, plus then an extra inch all round for the tensioning.

Therefore it works out at 25 x 21 ! You would just about get it on a 44" roll, however there is very little GOOD canvas out there on 44" rolls. Most are 42 which cut it very very close!

You would be much better off running on 24" rolls in my experience.

Doh! Just read the 16 x 12 print for 20 x 16 canvases :p

Yeah, but printers don't need me to sit and watch them go from left to right :p

A good choice - has the new inkhead system that I upgraded to when mine died!

Premises = no go :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back