A380 at birmingham airport

Edit My Images
No
Not the best of shots but what i got.

1. Approach to airport
2n8mw5c.jpg

2. The take off
15gb1i1.jpg

Aboutlee, two craking shots considering how overcast it was, where were you standing I was in the Sheldon Country Park which meant it came right over our heads so we were only able to take pics of the underneath so I came away very,very dissapointed.

We looked for ages for the best place which in the end wasn't the best place lol. I stood on the Mackadown Lane by the sports field acorss the road from the car dealerships. Its the flight take of spot apparently someone said.

Btw i used a Fuji FinePix s5000 :LOL: I think the 2nd picture would of looked good without the black section on the left :(. But im going down Weds as well and hope to stand some where near the golf course which is next to the airport :D

Just an update the Airbus is due at Brum airport at around 12:30ish, and it "WILL" be landing for the airports 70th / New terminal opening today :D Also heard theres going to be some old planes flying over to, but ive heard this just the once.

Aboutlee, two craking shots

i disagree with that.

the first shot has someone's hair in it and the second has a fence post.

do you have any other shots from the sequence?

in some ways i like the first shot, but it could be improved if the persons hair wasnt in the shot and if the airbus was in focus rather than the trees.

sorry to be harsh

i disagree with that.

the first shot has someone's hair in it and the second has a fence post.

do you have any other shots from the sequence?

in some ways i like the first shot, but it could be improved if the persons hair wasnt in the shot and if the airbus was in focus rather than the trees.

sorry to be harsh

sorry, just realised this wasnt posted in the critique section!
but it shouldnt be in 'talk photography' anyway. I'll move it 'photos taken for pleasure' section. But if you want it in a critique section let me know.

To picture one it was the only decent shot i got of the plane coming in from the overside of the runway. And im sure a quick crop of the image i can remove the persons hair. It was like a mad house when the plane was coming and everyone got in everyones way.

To picture two its the best picture i got of it from that angel, As seen in picture one the trees so i had like 2secs to get that shot and i was disappointed when i seen it as well :(

Plus i didn't have enough time to react as the trees were in the way and you couldn't see when the plane was coming so it was a just quick point a shoot shot :(

The other shots i have is of its underbelly and the rear end as it flew of.

Btw thanks for moving the topic :D

Last edited:
To picture one it was the only decent shot i got of the plane coming in from the overside of the runway. And im sure a quick crop of the image i can remove the persons hair. It was like a mad house when the plane was coming and everyone got in everyones way.

To picture two its the best picture i got of it from that angel, As seen in picture one the trees so i had like 2secs to get that shot and i was disappointed when i seen it as well :(

Plus i didn't have enough time to react as the trees were in the way and you couldn't see when the plane was coming so it was a just quick point a shoot shot :(

The other shots i have is of its underbelly and the rear end as it flew of.

Btw thanks for moving the topic :D

No worries, it was my mistake for giving the shots critique anyway. I thought I was in the critique section :)

I should have had my husband take some photos - he was working out in Toulouse building them for the last 18 months!

Back