AA Battery Storage Solutions?

Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone got any good suggestions for AA battery storage?

Currently I tend to carry 40x AA batteries, the best case ive seen holds 8, which really isnt enough... Ive used to have a Ferraro Rocher case that could happily hold 18 batteries and that was much better, but it was too brittle plastic and broke.

You carry round 40 AA batteries!? Can I ask why? Do you use loads of flash units or something?

When i say carry, i normally take 2 camera bags to events, 1 full of cameras+lenses, 1 full of bits(laptop, batteries, filters, flashes) and then before heading off into the track i decide what to take, fill 1 bag, and then have nip back to the car when i need to swap gear.

Bits that use AA batteries are;

2x 580exII Flash
1x 580ex Flash
1x pd70x HDD

Im currently trying to play with multiple flash lighting setups, so, im going through batteries like no-ones business.

That's a lot o batteries. Would you not use rechargables - save a lot of money in the long run...

Tupperware style boxes are a good idea, cheers, ill have a look next time i go shopping.

They are re-chargeable, Sanyo Eneloops 2000mAh and Sanyo 2700mAh.

Tupperware style boxes are a good idea, cheers, ill have a look next time i go shopping.

They are re-chargeable, Sanyo Eneloops 2000mAh and Sanyo 2700mAh.

Looking at getting the Eneloops myself.

How do you find themwith regard to holding charge over extended periods.

Darryn,

I picked up some quite reasonable ones...each case holds 8 but extra cases clip together and build up as many as you want.
I'm not home at the moment but I'll post the details when I get back....hang in there.

Bob

Thanks guys, ill get some of those ordered. :)

As for the Eneloop, they seem ok, only had them a couple of weeks though, so no clue about how well they hold a charge.

Back