Abandoned Church

Quite like those, some interesting colours and textures ... looks like a very interesting and photogenic location - #3 has some apparent distortion where one part of the pic is square but other parts aren't.

It looks a very interesting place to photograph, but i'm not keen on your processing.

Quite cool. Nice set with a very interesting location.

Just to point out to the above comments, which aren't really helpful: I quite like the processing although if I didn't, I'd probably be decent enough to tell you why I didn't like it and what I would do to make it better...which may or may not help for reprocessing or future decisions.

Chef: "did you like my food?"
Customer: "no".
Obvious next question would be...

Nice set Clare, the first two are the stand out ones for me.
As for the processing, I like it, it's brings a derelect building to life.

Looks a great location...........(y)

Thank you for your comments, this is totally out of my zone of photography but its left me wanting to try more and improve.

I understand that the processing isn't everybodys cup of tea but I felt the locatation lent itself to this type of treatment.

I might have another go when I've a bit of spare time and see what else I can come up with (y)

The photos are well composed, and the subject is both fascinating and beautiful, but the tonemapping sacrifices some of the mysteriousness, depth and 'feel'. This is said to be the most haunted site in the country, with links to darkness and satanism. I would be looking to build the atmosphere with B&W, and B&W with deep shadows!

Although I'm not keen on your processing, I really like these shots and may have to go and visit this place.

Back