Undecided Abandoned Locations In The UK

Name
Luke
Edit My Images
No
Hey all,

I and two other photographer friends are currently looking for a place to complete a photoshoot in the UK. We are looking for somewhere that's abandoned with interesting structural features, has space for light trail photographs and is relatively close to Devon, but if it's further then we can always travel there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton

Edit: LEGAL places to visit

Last edited:
Hey, welcome to the forum!

Abandoned sites that people visit tend not to be advertised because quite often they're accessed based on a bit of a legal grey area. Also when Urbex was in the height of fashion, if people advertised the location of a site it would usually be inundated with people taking the p***. I used to do Urbex which often involved entering a site that is private property, but with no forced entry. Basically if there's already a big hole in a fence or a door missing then explore with caution. Also you shouldn't disturb or remove anything from the sites as this crosses the line into criminal damage and theft. Obviously there's dangers with derelict sites of weak structure etc. Also if you do happen to get caught exploring, just be courteous and leave when asked and you shouldn't have any issues, I never did!

As for legally entered places, if you find abandoned sites and contact the owners, you can sometimes get entry. I approached a site that had a big issue with people taking a different approach to urbex by climbing over walls and evading security etc. I asked if a small group of photographers could enter the site to take some photos and with a bit of arranging, he allowed me and a group of 5 others to visit the site and go around with one of the security staff for about 2 hours. If you don't ask, you don't get!

Hope this helps!

Also, depending on the location, I would visit during the day to scout your location safely and wear some sturdy boots and watch for needles. I've been to a few less well visited places and its amazing how often you find items you don't want to tread on - going at night will only make this harder!

Back