Abandoned Pier

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to get these snaps.... really like them my self would like some feedback though!

Cheers

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Ah yes my old mate St Annes Sentinel Pier, I took Matt and Darrell there last year, we had a fab evening with a stunning sunset Matt and Darrell where overwhelmed with it.

Nice set of shots, which suit the mono conversions (y)

Not bad, but quite a lot to crit.

Your mono conversions are fine, lots of shades of grey.

In the first, a 50/50 split (sand/sky) rarely works well, I'd suggest a crop from the bottom to give a 40/60 split.

Second, you have too much empty space above the pier, and the 3rd, too little.

You also have a dust bunny in the 2nd (right of the nearest upright), and your horizon is way out in 3, and I'd clone out the flare in the first.

So I feel these are still half done images, a few tweaks and they will work.

I'll suggest opposite to Les.. normally a 50:50 spit doesn't work but the first shot does work for me. If I was going to bias one half of the image I'd give more space to the sand as it has a far more interesting texture than the sky. I think that distant view would also have worked extremely well in portrait orientation.

The first is definitely my favourite, it has an appealing empty bleakness and makes the most out of the detail in the sand.

Marvellous set. 2nd and 3rd are especially appealing to me.
Lovely BW conversions.

Thanks for the critque guys,

I was over the moon when i spotted the location, just by sheer chance! Will be going back there at somepoint for sure! Would like to capture the sunset there etc.

Cheers
Kev

I put it in the locations section last year, when Matt and Darrell went for the sunset, its deffo worth going for dont know if you looked at my links, also theres a geocache underneath it as well (y)

Back