Abandoned railway tunnel

Interesting place/images and I'm particularly drawn to the last b&w shot
The pipeline does add an extra visual perspective too

Some really great shots, I love the colours in the first one.

Excellent shots, I've been meaning to visit there for a while but wasn't sure if it had been bricked back up again.

I've been trying to work out where does the ventilation shaft come out, I'm guessing somewhere around Burger King?

Thanks for commenting guys (y)

Johnsy - I think the vent is boxed in behind PC World. As a kid I remember the area as farmland with the ventilation shaft surrounded by a circular brick wall in the middle of a field!

Dig all of these. Very nice shots of an unusual subject.

Thanks for commenting guys (y)

Johnsy - I think the vent is boxed in behind PC World. As a kid I remember the area as farmland with the ventilation shaft surrounded by a circular brick wall in the middle of a field!

Thinking about it, I can remember seeing it in the field before the retail park was built.

Loving these. The lack of colour in the last one makes it seem really otherwordly. Lovely.

It's the second one for me. (but all 3 are great). Nice set, thanks for sharing (y)

Reminds me of an old railway tunnel we used to walk through as kids - it's fenced off now so you can't get in anymore.

Was very spooky as it got very dark in the middle, and small dips in the ballast on the floor looked like gaping black holes, as did the recesses in the walls for workers to stand in when trains passed.

Back