Critique Abandoned

Love the colours and the different materials there, great shot.

Robi, I really like this, there is a tangible sense of decay! Although quite a busy composition it works for me!

Really like the shot, a lot going on but it works! Can I suggest converting to black and white, although the colour adds I think that if it was in mono it would really emphasise the atmosphere.

Hmm, I'm afraid it doesn't work for me Robin. It's well exposed- though the sky's a bit bright. The colours and textures of the train carriages are nicely observed, but the waste bags don't add anything to the shot for me- they just look like waste bags. My eyes are drawn to the gap between the carriages- but they don't find anything there.

I feel the same as Dan, the bags of aggregate & wooden pallets are not very interesting in fact they are a distraction to what I consider to be the better shot, the decaying railway carriages. The little you show has whetted my appetite :)

Steve

Steve and Dan..thanks for your feedback, when first looking at this scene I composed in the viewfinder without the bags and pallet, though consequently, with less of the shed door and end carriage, but I'd always had the title in mind and the bags and pallets also seemed to be abandoned, hence the final image, but your comments are most appreciated

Robin

Steve and Dan..thanks for your feedback, when first looking at this scene I composed in the viewfinder without the bags and pallet, though consequently, with less of the shed door and end carriage, but I'd always had the title in mind and the bags and pallets also seemed to be abandoned, hence the final image, but your comments are most appreciated

Robin
Fair point Robin, although having looked on Flickr I feel the better ones are on there, especially the Heath Robinson image :)

Steve

Liking this photo, you could try a more grungy edit to put some attention to the weathered paint and colours..

Back