Critique Abbotsbury Garden's 'Enhanced lit'

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
First off I wasnt sure where to post this so please feel free to move if needed admin. (y)

On Tuesday I joined some of the folks from my camera club on a trip to Abbotsbury Gardens. Every year they light the gardens with coloured lights giving some strange, alien looking plants. This was the first time I have visited the gardens and if you havent been to this its well worth a visit. http://abbotsbury-tourism.co.uk/gardens/

I use my Canon 60D with a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 and a Manfrotto tripod and head.

C&C always welcome, thanks for looking.

Blue lit tree
by Raptor Mike, on Flickr

Red bridge

These carvings are in the trunk of an oak tree that was nearly 200 yars old before it fell.

Carved trunk

These little lanterns were everywhere guiding us around. I still managed to get lost though trying to find my way to the cafe. I walked around in a big circle lol :rolleyes:

Lantern

This pond is risen about a foot above the footpath. The reflections were outtanding and apart from a few fish bubbles the water was like a mirror. @ST4 I know you're partial to reflections and you'd have loved these.

Night reflections

Nice set. The first is my favourite, the tones give it an almost underwater feel. I'd possibly try to tone down the very bright tree to emphasise the green and blue one

First off I wasnt sure where to post this so please feel free to move if needed admin. (y)
Yep shifting them to out of focus :p
(Just kidding)

Something different from you Mike,
I agree the first one looks like a "coral image"
Nice set (y)

Yep shifting them to out of focus :p
(Just kidding)

Something different from you Mike,
I agree the first one looks like a "coral image"
Nice set (y)
Thanks (y)
It was a struggle to get detail without blowing out highlights or having them too dark. I was doing exposures upto 30secs. Was nice to try somethng a bit different, although Im not sure how well Ive pulled it off lol

although Im not sure how well Ive pulled it off lol

They are possibly a little on the dark side?
but then don't take my word for it, I've hardly done any long exposures either,
but they are good fun to try aren't they? :)

They are possibly a little on the dark side?
but then don't take my word for it, I've hardly done any long exposures either,
but they are good fun to try aren't they? :)
I tried to do them as I remember seeing them, and yes it was fun :) It'll be interesting to see what others from the club photos are like, got to take them a week Tuesday

Back