Abstract?

Edit My Images
Yes
I thought I'd post this here for a change, seein as I don't very often!

My thoughts on this are.....

1) it looks a bit lacking in saturation

2) the point of focus is in the wrong place

3)I'm not sure if a tighter crop would make it more abstract or not?

Thoughts please ladies and gents......

Elements.jpg

Interesting angle on a ... ceramic hob ring ? Great take on an every day item - unless you are cooking on gas of course !?!

Your points;
1. Looks about right to me for what it is !
2. Surely the point of focus is wherever you want it to be s*d everyone else ? Or am I wrong and there is a rule somewhere not to be broke ? Seriously though, being on the inside right where it is enables the viewer to see the different colouring from the heat acting on the metal !
3. Tighter crop, more acute angle - all down to personals again - this seems to work quite well overall ?

Hope nothing melted in the taking ?

I like it! My eye is drawn to the top of the pic which I would have preferred to see in focus, and I would like to see a tighter crop, making it more abstract. Still, a good idea and an interesting shot.... now why can't I think of things likes like that?

Well I like the crop, but do agree with your point about point of focus. Better at the front edge then leading away loseing a little focus in DOF.

Great image though :thumb:

I think I may re-shoot this one tonight, slightly tighter crop and have some fiddles with the point of focus. It's not like I've got walk far now, is it?

In reply to your comments....

Ven, I was just unsure as to whether or not it worked with the PoF where it is, I was thinking it probably should've been nearer the front. Something about it is just a little uncomfortable to my eye. Probably the heat ;) And no, nothing melted. +3 Cokin closeup filter @ 400mm+

Mini, Just try thinking of something banal and ordinary and see what ideas you can come up with to make it look attractive or photogenic. Or, as I prefer to do, neck a bottle or two of wine and wander round the house pointing (it) at random stuff and see what comes out ;)

i like it Ghandi, clever

Gandhi said:
Or, as I prefer to do, neck a bottle or two of wine and wander round the house pointing (it) at random stuff and see what comes out ;)

Now that's how to get inspiration :)

Back