Acer Aspire 1 A150

KayJay

Give us a Tena
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got one of these for £150 and have to say it's amazing, potentially the best thing I could have got for the money. I'm typing this on it at the moment. Still getting used to the keyboard but that doesn't take me long but quality wise it's great. Still running the Linux OS that comes on it but to be honest I can't see any need to change it just now. It's minute too and smaller than most books I carry. Who else has got one?

theres a few of us, i take it you seen the other threads:)

I got one, installed XP and its great, very good value for money

people who know me know I dont keep things long :LOL: but this wont be going anywhere

really is recommended to anyone

Just got one of these for £150 and have to say it's amazing, potentially the best thing I could have got for the money. I'm typing this on it at the moment. Still getting used to the keyboard but that doesn't take me long but quality wise it's great. Still running the Linux OS that comes on it but to be honest I can't see any need to change it just now. It's minute too and smaller than most books I carry. Who else has got one?

Put Windows 7 RC on it - as fast as XP (assuming you have 1Gb of RAM) and works very well on the netbook.

Blonkster

Be quick though, theyre withdrawing the download in a few days (Windows 7 RC)

it will stop working when it is realeased properly though isnt it?

Echo the above - put windows 7 RC on it, it's brilliant. Will work until March 2010.

If you upgrade to Win7 on your main pc in october, you can move the old o/s to the netbook afterwards.

I got W7 on mine and although it takes a bit longer to boot up, it runs like a dream.
I use it to backup my memory cards when out on jobs (y)

Sorry to jump in, but can people let me know how long their Acer takes to boot up (not the SSD verions, HD only please).
Ive just put in 1.5GB RAM and it still takes a few mins to boot up Windows7.

Ta

as in 2 or more, pretty sure mine is approx 1-2

not got it here at the mo, it at home;)

It takes 1m13s to boot and load TP in FF here (including typing windows password), running from battery not mains.

A150, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD

None at all, installed directly off a USB stick, had to find wireless drivers for it which I think eventually came off some random russian website and the rest windows update sorted out.

None at all, installed directly off a USB stick, had to find wireless drivers for it which I think eventually came off some random russian website and the rest windows update sorted out.

Cheers for that.
I think i will update mine. I did minein a USB stick and i have played about with some bits to get it to run quicker but mihgt inadvertantly slowed it down.

Ta pal. Im off for a re-install to see if that improves things !!!!

:shrug:

i got 2, the standard os is garbage, i plan to run ubunto on, its free too

Put Windows 7 back on yesterday and now with nothign touched and 1.5GB RAM it loads up in just under 1m.
Thats better !!!

Back