activation count

Name
john Kirk
Edit My Images
Yes
I have read here many times about the number of shutter activations. How can I find out the number on a D60 - is there a hidden menu somewhere?

I have read here many times about the number of shutter activations. How can I find out the number on a D60 - is there a hidden menu somewhere?

There is no on camera menu item for this.

You are looking for the "Exif" information.

You need to open a .jpeg on your computer, depending on your operating system you may be able to view the "total number of actuations" , if not there are plenty of free download software packages.

For PC Opanda is a good one, for Mac Exif viewer.

Thanks Martyn. opanda downloaded

Make sure that you expand the opanda window with all the text in, makes it easier to see the "total number of shutter actuations" text, otherwise all you see is "total num..."

preview works fine if you're on mac. Open the image, click on 'tools', then 'inspector', then the exclamation mark, then 'nikon' and it tells you under shuttercount. I'm not sure if this only works with raw files though...

preview works fine if you're on mac. Open the image, click on 'tools', then 'inspector', then the exclamation mark, then 'nikon' and it tells you under shuttercount. I'm not sure if this only works with raw files though...

Cheers I did not know it did that (y)

Worked on a .jpeg for me

Back