Actuation counting

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
No
I've recently used the Myshuutercount.com site to get the actuations off cameras. My D300 came in at 24500 over two years which sounds about right but I tested my little D40 yesterday and it seemed way wrong.

It gave me a count of over 6000 actuations and this seems insanely high for a camera I only use for holidays or when I want to travel light.

Has anyone else experienced shutter counts off this site that don't tally up?

(I'm on a Mac so some of the normal software like Opanda is of no use to me)

+1 for iexif, I've been using it for a while and it works perfectly, as deejay says take a JPG, open it with iexif, bob's your uncle. I've tried it with a camera I know the shutter count of from filename succession, and it's accurate.

Mine comes out at 346 actuations, LOL, I brought mine at the end of the summer, and with work commitments I just have not had a chance to use it, so basicly its still brand new I suppose, not bad for a 6 month old camera, still thats going to change this year I promise

On a Mac open a RAW file in Preview and check the inspector.

Trevor, I read somewhere a while back that Preview's inspector shows the number of shutter actuations. I can see everything but the thing I want here. Which figure should I be looking at?

Trevor, I read somewhere a while back that Preview's inspector shows the number of shutter actuations. I can see everything but the thing I want here. Which figure should I be looking at?

You must open a RAW file. In inspector click More Info/Nikon, shutter count is 3rd from bottom.

Worked for me too when I opened my JPEG picture with Preview

Preview -> Tool -> Inspector (command+I) -> More Info -> Nikon

Back