Adder (Vipera berus) male, my 1st Snake sighting of 2016.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Back on the 3/3/16, i thought i would check out a local "hot spot", for UK Snakes/Lizards.
Just the one male Adder found, which appears to have not long emerged from hibernation.
A late 1st sighting for me this year, because for the last 5 years, Ive sighted Adders from mid February onwards.

Cheers Paul.

A close up. Slightly cropped image.
Male Adder, close up. My 1st sighting this year. 3rd-March-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

The Adder, how it was found, amongst the previous years fallen leaves. Uncropped image.
Male Adder, my 1st sighting this year. (uncropped). 3rd-March-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Fantastic creature, despite looking in all the right places I've only ever had a glimpse of one of these!!

Great capture!

Matt

Cheers for that.
Keep looking, im sure you will get lucky soon enough.
Its still a bit cold for em, but from now onwards is a good time to see wild UK reptiles, especially since there is very little vegetation growing this time of year. If you should disturb a basking Adder, sit around for 5 to 10 minutes, because the snake will normally come back to its same basking spot.

Have looked for these many times in the Forest of Dean as they are quite common there but not managed to find one yet. Will have another try again soon - will find one someday.

Have looked for these many times in the Forest of Dean as they are quite common there but not managed to find one yet. Will have another try again soon - will find one someday.

Its all about putting in the hours, searching...it soon pays off.

Great capture I've yet to see one maybe this year if I'm lucky

Cheers, its always good to have a bit of luck ;)

Several more recent images, cheers Paul.

This image is uncropped.
Male Adder(Vipera berus) uncropped. 11th-March-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Another uncropped image.
Male Adder(Vipera berus) uncropped. 11th-March-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

This image shows how the snake was found naturally, on the woodland floor, entangled as usual!
Male Adder(Vipera berus). 11th-March-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

This image is cropped some.
Male Adder(Vipera berus). 12th-March-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

I'm off to Norfolk at Easter will be on the look out I know where they are its just spotting them cheers

Back