Adding a Tan/Warm skin tone in PS

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I took some pictures of people the other day and need to warm up their skin with a bit of artificial colour/tan... can anyone recommend any good techniques for doing so, so that I can test a few out and find the best.

I did a couple of practices last night after watching you-tube, but didnt quite get it as I wanted it.

Thanks

There a lot of ways of warming up an image, the image/photo filter is one, or you could use image/colour ballance and add a little red and yellow.
Wayne

Enhance menu - Adjust color - Adjust color for skin tone - click on area you want to change. Click on another area if you don't get the result you want.

You could also try the temperature control, but it will affect the entire pic.

Enhance menu - Adjust color - Adjust color for skin tone - click on area you want to change. Click on another area if you don't get the result you want.

You could also try the temperature control, but it will affect the entire pic.

i tried the first suggestion but it only affected portions of the skin tone area as it was not all uniform colour/tone to start with

I would go with Wayne's suggestion of pushing a bit of yellow and red. Probably best to make a separate layer of the skin parts and apply the colour to that. Then you can control the blending to get the right tone.

Back