adding bluetooth dongle to camcorder????

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
I have again had another crazy idea :headbang:. My Panasonic HC-X1500 has wifi but not bluetooth, So my thought run along he lines of getting a bluetooth dongle and pluging it into the camcorder earphone port. Afer all if it works with a wired headphone why not a wireless bluetooth headphone? If it works then sound checks would be a lot easier say in a hall. could possibly work with a camera doing video work as well.

Last edited:
It should work absolutely fine. Just make sure the dongle is a 'transmitter' and not just a receiver as there are dongles that work only as receivers. I use one to bluetooth my spotify to my antiquated car's Aux In. My dongle couldn't be used for what you're describing.

yes the one I have chosen does both transmit and receive Blitzmaz from Amazon for under £30 delivered. Should get it tomorrow Sunday 14/5/2023

bluetooth 5.2 Transmitter Receiver, 2 in 1 bluetooth Audio Adapter Mini Portable 3.5mm Jack, Dual Link Transmitter Compatible with bluetooth Audio Devices for PC/TV/Car Sound System/Wired Speaker​

Last edited:
IT WORKS YIPPEE.

_DSC7220.jpg

Has a range of about 30ft max but that is not the point also slight latency of about 0. 3 seconds but tolorable. What a pleasure it is not to be tied down with a cable from earphone to camcorder.

Ok this setup

Manfrotto befree live tripod and on the handle a wired remote control for zoom and stop start
the camcorder Panasonic HC-X1500 with additional handle
the BlitzMax wireless bluetooth dongle
Soundcore Anker Q20 bluetooth wire/wireless headphones
Azden SMX-30V microphone
Deadcat

Last edited:
well I decided to do a stereo sound test using the bluetooth dongle and the wireless bluetooth headphones. Sounds really odd wearing them, the slight latency delay hearing yourself clapping a short time later.
First I went to one side of the setup and clapped my hands then to the other and did the same. this tested the stereo microphone and it worked far better than I expected. The noise in the background is someone cutting the grass

sound check
View: https://youtu.be/-uMh9Qm-Lpw

So now I can instantly do a stereo check without having to play back on the computer or on the camcorder later on

Last edited:
Back