Adding some new gear. Advice welcome

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
Have a 500d with a kit lens, a lowepro bag, filter for kit lens, memory card.

Now need some new lenses.

My current thought is niffy fifty (have a 8 week old daughter:D)

Plus a EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS as fancy taking a few wildlife and motorsport pics plus i just really would like a zoom:D and from what i have read everyone raves about it being really good for the price.

Also thinking i might have a need for a flash. Any recommendations, was thinking speedlight 430 maybe!!!??

Any similar stuff to look at from the likes of Tamron, Sigma and whoever else thats around the same price levels

Thanks for your help(y)

Sounds like you are on the right path to me.

The 55-250mm is a cracking little lens for the price and the 50mm f/1.8 is great for portraits on the 500d.

I'd maybe see how you get on with the 50mm before buying a flash however if you do need one the 430EX would be a great choice, just remember to get a sto-fen diffuser with it.

Same route as myself for my 450D ...

55-250mm ... followed by the 50mm 1.8II ... then a 430EXII.

Seems like I have the right route then for extras. Mike that flash is a proper bargin, any pics to show the results?

Andy thanks for those links, very helpfull. Think I will go with both nifty and the 55-250. Will look into the flash for a future purchase after seeing how I get on without one or maybe just buy the same one Mike has for the time being at that price cause it's such a deal.

Back