Addition to the Family

Name
Renee
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I've added another addition to our family in the way of an 11 year old Rottie. I know he's old but his story was so sad and he is so well behaved I couldn't say no. He is great with Keegan but HORRIBLE to photograph. Everytime I would get down on his level he'd come over and cover me with kisses. So this is the best of the bunch. I also took some more pics of my son.

To critique my own I think the sun was in his eyes to much so you get a sort of squinting (and he has such gorgeous eyes) and I'm not sure about the light against the shed wall, is it distracting? Anyway they are natural light except the one with Obby (the cocker spaniel) as I needed fill flash so you could see his eyes. Does it work??

1127979873_f42ee08db5_o.jpg

1128821716_fc42294821_o.jpg

now that I'm looking at this one again, is it a bit flat?? I"m not sure about this monitor.
1127980063_5ffa97261c_o.jpg

1127979699_5b2b28893d_o.jpg

Nice ones HR, he looks a cracker, so does your son. I'll bet they can both get into trouble easily by the look of them. A bit of fill in flash might have lifted the one you think is flat, but I'm on a laptop so may not see it well.

I know what you mean about trying to photograph him, my two do exactly the same, they're only 7 months though. He's probably just very grateful.

My guess is the light (and bright) background has caused the problem with the look of the shots. You have to over expose dark fur and you can't do that with that background.

That last shot is great - can't help but smile back :)

aww...Keegan is a cutie...love the last one especially! I'm no animal person but I have to say that I spent the day once with my friend and her Rotweiler and she was the softest lump of a dog I had ever spent some time with!

Oh and how i love Keegan's shirt!

Great shots. Especially the last.

My guess is the light (and bright) background has caused the problem with the look of the shots. You have to over expose dark fur and you can't do that with that background.

That last shot is great - can't help but smile back :)

Could I have helped this with fill flash or should I wait for better light in the evening... In these pics he is facing south but in the evening my house gets in the way of the nice evening light.... Hmm may have to come up with a new location!

OH and Marianne I love this shirt too. I thought it was just dying to be in a photograph.

It's difficult to get the exposure right with a very dark dog and a very light background. Maybe some fill in flash may have helped, but then this is someone who doesn't know the first thing about flash photography :embarrassed: They are all lovely shots, but they do look a little washed out (could be my uncalibrated monitor tho). Maybe some PS trickery and a tweak to the saturation would help :shrug:

Good on you for giving an old dawg a new forever home too (y)

What a lovely dog.... fair bit of Labrador in there too Id think... nose too long for a purebred Rottweiller.

Your son is lovely jubbley!!! :D :LOL:

loving the last one of your son he looks so relaxed in front of the camera.

What a lovely dog.... fair bit of Labrador in there too Id think... nose too long for a purebred Rottweiller.

Yeah I thought the same thing although the owner swears differently, I'm not sure she'd know the difference. No matter what he is the best dog, except that he is not neutered and he wees everywhere!

that last one really is a special one - got a great big smile out of me even though i've been in a grump all day! :D

Yeah I thought the same thing although the owner swears differently, I'm not sure she'd know the difference. No matter what he is the best dog, except that he is not neutered and he wees everywhere!

Weeing everywhere isnt really a neutred thing.

My neutered Lab will still wee everywhere on a walk to stamp his mark.

Is your other dog neutered? IT might be a terratorial thing to establish top dog, marking over the other ones scent and such. Will probably settle down. (hope so!!) :D

Sorry I meant to say that the wee smelled horrid. My other male is neutered but we are getting a whippet bitch so Max is getting neutered VERY soon. I hope it takes care of the stinky wee. I've never had an unneutered male before is that normal??

Back