Adjustable ND Filter - Anybody use one ?

Funnily enough ive just been reading their advert in Digital Photo. If you go down the page to the thread 'ND Filter for £2' one of the llast posts is about the Light Craft Filters as someone has 2 of them.
Phil

Funnily enough ive just been reading their advert in Digital Photo. If you go down the page to the thread 'ND Filter for £2' one of the llast posts is about the Light Craft Filters as someone has 2 of them.
Phil

Ah so it was Hoppy who's used them.

I've been using a lightcraft mark II, its not bad, but to be honest I would buy fixed ones next time. The light craft works by using two polarised lenses, and I'm not convinced that this results in a uniform reduction of luminance across the spectrum or indeed the frame. However I have had quite nice results.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Ah so it was Hoppy who's used them.

Yes. Completely useless IMHO. With anything approaching a wide angle lens, you get a dark cross pattern from corner to corner at higher levels of ND. All cross-polarisers do it, it's a technique used to vary the lights in video/movies, which doesn't work for our application. I sent mine straight back, and I'm not the only one.

On the other hand, the LightCraft ND500MC is excellent (y)

Back