Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Beta 4 released

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
adobe.gif

We're pleased to announce that Adobe Photoshop Lightroom beta 4 is now ready for you to download and use. This is the first release to reveal the full name we are giving to the product, as Lightroom takes its place as the newest member of the Photoshop family of digital imaging and photography software.
Beta 4 is our biggest milestone to date, with several enhancements and additions, including the achievement of full feature parity between the Windows and Mac OS versions of Lightroom. No matter which platform you prefer, you can now bring the full power of Lightroom beta to your photos.
Lightroom Beta 4 also features:
  • Groundbreaking changes in the way tone curve adjustments are made and displayed, giving you the highest quality results in an interface that's easier to use than ever before.
  • More streamlined and elegant user interface - We've made several changes to the look and feel based on your feedback in the earlier beta releases.
  • Customizable interface - You can now display only the controls you want to be visible.
  • Precision white balance selection tool
  • Facility to easily rename and convert files to DNG after they've been imported to the Lightroom library
  • Increased interaction between Lightroom library organizational structure and the underlying file system
  • Filter and search presets to more quickly find the photographs you want
  • Better performance and improved interface for the Web module features
  • Develop control improvements based on community feedback, including comments from the Pixmantec user community (welcome!)
Tell us what you think

There is a limited amount of time left for you to give us feedback on the Lightroom Beta project, so please continue sharing your opinions with us on the forums at http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/?trackingid=KRTF.
Show us what you think
Get to know the Adobe Lightroom community, and show us all how you're using Lightroom. Upload and share your images using the Lightroom slideshow features, and visit the site to see what other photographers are creating. Visit the Lightroom Gallery today at http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/?trackingid=KRTF.
Thank you for your continued support of Adobe Lightroom,

Jennifer Stern
Adobe Lightroom team

Didnt we all download this a month or so back? :thinking:

yup, this is an update

I must be a glutton for punishment.

The first Beta was horribly slow so I binned it.
Then Beta 3 was horribly slow so I binned it.

Why I'm going to give Beta 4 a chance I don't know :shrug: lol

Marcel,

Give it a chance! I have the worlds slowest computer and Beta 3 ran like a sick hamster. Beta 4 runs like a well and robust rat! I played around withit last night and I was pretty impressed.

The trouble I have with lightroom is that even though I have the correct folder monitored for new photos arriving on my pc (D:/Photos/NEW) they dont automatically appear in a new dated folder in lightroom when I next open it like they do in RAWshooter. In lightroom I still have to click Import and browse to find the new dated folder in the NEW folder, its a pain and its what stopped me using it and sent me back to RAWSHOOTER. I had hoped it might be resolved with this new BETA. :thumbsdown:

Back