Adobe Student editions

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I hope someone can answer this question for me. I've been thinking about getting Photoshop Elements for some time now. So I had a quick look on the Adobe website and noticed that Lightroom and CS4 are both available for students.

I have 2 kids both in primary school (9 and 7). Am I eligible for the student discount? I've looked over the Adobe site and there seems to be some conflicting statements from the Education store and the FAQs.

I've tried contacting Adobe but as I haven't got a registered product I'm unable to get any support. Aaaaghhh

Has anyone with primary school kids successfully used obtained a discount?

No wanting to sound "off" with you, but why not contact Adobe and ask ?. After all it is them that will be implementing your registration for Education Discount. You will then recieve the correct answer.

I doubt adobe would class you as a student because you have children in school, why not sign up for some photoshop classes at your local college, once you have the student card you should be sorted. Wayne

No wanting to sound "off" with you, but why not contact Adobe and ask ?. After all it is them that will be implementing your registration for Education Discount. You will then recieve the correct answer.

I've tried to contact Adobe but I can't access their support portal as I don't have a registered product

I doubt adobe would class you as a student because you have children in school, why not sign up for some photoshop classes at your local college, once you have the student card you should be sorted. Wayne

It's just that the say that parents with kids in full time education do qualify - but some parts of the site say primary and secondary schools and other parts only mention secondary schools.

Good idea re college except that this is not possible due to time constraints.

Just interested to hear if anyone has got the discount because of kids in primary school

Don't quote me, but Ii think you can buy for your children. You could try an educatioal outlet such as http://www.student-software.co.uk/ which is where I have purchased some software. I got my CS3 straight from Adobe.

Just been to Adobe and found this:

Who can purchase from the Adobe Education Store – United Kingdom?
The Adobe Education Store - United Kingdom allows qualified education end users from the United Kingdom to purchase Education products and Student products at a reduced price.

Qualified end-users include full or part time students enrolled at accredited Higher Education Establishments, full or part time faculty and staff employed at accredited Education Establishments and students enrolled at an accredited primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction.

Hope this helps.

Just been to Adobe and found this:

Who can purchase from the Adobe Education Store – United Kingdom?
The Adobe Education Store - United Kingdom allows qualified education end users from the United Kingdom to purchase Education products and Student products at a reduced price.

Qualified end-users include full or part time students enrolled at accredited Higher Education Establishments, full or part time faculty and staff employed at accredited Education Establishments and students enrolled at an accredited primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction.

Hope this helps.

Hi

That's the second link from post 2, but the first link makes no mention of primary schools.

I don't want to buy and the find I can't use the software:shrug:

Don't quote me, but Ii think you can buy for your children. You could try an educatioal outlet such as http://www.student-software.co.uk/ which is where I have purchased some software. I got my CS3 straight from Adobe.

Thanks for the link.

I've emailed them to try and clarify the situation

Cheers

Eisbar

If you buy from Adobe education store they will ask for "proof" that you are entitled to buy one you have ordered and
BEFORE your card ( if you pay that way) is debited.
In my case and a few others as we were on a part time course
it was a photo-copy of the registration document and another to prove that
the address was correct ie driving licence

Having had past experience of the registration process for student licences on numerous occasions, unfortunately i don't think you'd count.

You have to provide student ID, or a letter from the school, or a school report and they all have to be in your name.

:(

Adobe would realise a 7 year old probably wouldn't be using Lightroom, its all verified by humans.

If you buy from Adobe education store they will ask for "proof" that you are entitled to buy one you have ordered and
BEFORE your card ( if you pay that way) is debited.
In my case and a few others as we were on a part time course
it was a photo-copy of the registration document and another to prove that
the address was correct ie driving licence

OK. That's good to know.

However the Adobe site isn't necessarily the cheapest place to buy from. If I want the Educational discount do I have to buy direct from Adobe?

OK. That's good to know.

However the Adobe site isn't necessarily the cheapest place to buy from. If I want the Educational discount do I have to buy direct from Adobe?

It might be safer Adobe WON'T ( or at least they didn't) sell to those not entitled
A fleabayer or other might and the problem will start when you try and register it
BUT do your own research and be clear in your own mind before you buy (y)

Having had past experience of the registration process for student licences on numerous occasions, unfortunately i don't think you'd count.

You have to provide student ID, or a letter from the school, or a school report and they all have to be in your name.

:(

Adobe would realise a 7 year old probably wouldn't be using Lightroom, its all verified by humans.

Cheers for that

If I'm not entitled to a discount them I'm not entitled. I don't have a problem with that. I'm just keen to clarify the situation, it's just that the adobe site gives conflicting messages. It states that a child's school report would be sufficient.

If I'm not reading things right then please accept my apologies.

It might be safer Adobe WON'T ( or at least they didn't) sell to those not entitled
A fleabayer or other might and the problem will start when you try and register it
BUT do your own research and be clear in your own mind before you buy (y)

Certainly agree with that. I want to be absolutely sure before I part with my hard earned.

Just to update.

I finally got through to Adobe. They have confirmed that having children at primary (and secondary) school entitles you to buy their software as student editions, thus at considerable savings. Here is a copy of their email

Thank you for contacting Adobe Customer Service.
With regard to your educational version purchase query, we would like o
inform you that you can purchase the softwares for your children
provided you submit us a copy of an official, student ID with name,
validity date and a photo.
If you are unable to provide us your child#s student ID, then you can
send an Official letter from your institution verifying his student
situation, along with a valid photo ID that includes name and date.
(e.g. passport, driving license, ID card).
Also, if you purchase the product from a reseller, you will be required
to send us the order fulfillment form. Kindly visit the link mentioned
below for order fulfillment form:
http://www.adobe.com/uk/education/students/studentedition/order_fulfillm

Hope this helps someone else save a few bob. I've just ordered Lightroom for £90(y)

You have already found out the answer but yes, I have a child at school and did get my photoshop CS3 at a discounted price due to this :)

One of the best things I ever did as im now on an evening course and am learning ps as part of the course - its a City & Guilds Image Capture course!

Enjoy :)

Back