Adox Chs 25

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
has anyone tried any of this?

I've just got delivery of a set of rolls and was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience they could share?

retrophotographic stock that, or something like it from Adox.
damn slow though, iso 25

So I've just dev'd my first finished roll, rated ei 25, stand dev in rodinal 1+100 for 1 hour. looking at the still wet negs they are sooooooo sharp, incredible detail, great tonal range. Scans when dry, but for now I think I like.... a lot :clap:

stand dev in rodinal 1+100 for 1 hour.

where did you get that timing, is it particular to rodinal ?
and...agitation...every minute....for a flippin hour ! ??

I have some Rollei pan 25, I plan to waste on something

I can't really remember where I got the timing from, trawld up from somewhere on the net (maybe flickr?).

Agitation wise its two inversions at the start, a couple of good raps on the bottom to dislodge any airbubble and thats it, leave it for an hour :D

Stop bath and fix, wash and a bit of wetting agent and you're sorted.

It's quite interesting scanning these negs as there is soo little grain its tempting to go a bit overboard on the res.

stand dev is a wonderful thing ***, no idea what timings on other developers ***, it was hard enough findingtimes for rodinal

I agree that link should definately be stickied, but unfortunately it don't have any times for CHS 25 (or any of them)

great resource for standard development but contains very little info on stand/semi stand and is quite sparse for some of the more unusual films, but for starting points its a winner

Well, thats been an interesting search....if your a saddo...like me:LOL:

Turns out Adox CHs 25 IS Rollei pan 25 under a different label:cautious:
The big dev chart gives a lot more results for developers/timings/wotnot for the Rollei, but its the same film(y)

Thre's a very complex history with the Adox/Efke names and variations, and it gets really confussing really quickly when people start telling you that their recipe for (insert 20 year old version of the film here) will work equally well but they haven't tried it :shrug:

I've made a decision (albeit arbitrary) to ignore anything that doesn't refer to the new film unless someone will confirm that it works with the current set up, and so far its worked :clap:

2446316427_c0b29cd008_o.jpg

Back