Advice for Camera?

Name
Deanna W.
Edit My Images
Yes
So I'm new to photography and I have some questions. I have a Canon Rebel XTi, and Canon EFS18-55mm and Canon 28-135mm lenses. If I wanted to buy a new lens for my camera, can i buy any brand and any size, and it'd fit?
Also, between the two lenses, which one should I stick with? I don't like switching lenses constantly. I take mostly outdoor pictures of water sports and casual pictures of people.
And which mode on the camera is best for these pictures? ex. A-DEP,M,Av,TV,P, etc.

Thanks!

You can buy any Canon (odviously), Sigma, Tamron or any other make of lens but make sure it has a Canon EF mount.

Stick with the 28-135. I have had both of those lenses, I actually sold my 18-55 and replaced it with a 28-135, it's a good lens. Good value for money.

Well, for sports a good mode is Tv as you can manually set the shutterspeed and let the camera take control of the apature. You want higher shutterspeeds to keep your photos from blurring but in low light conditions you might want to put the ISO up.

Read your manual, it will tell you what each mode does and what it's best at.

The Best Way To Decide Which Lens Is Best To Leave On The Camera Is Take Them Both Out For A Couple Of Trips And Whichever Is On The Camera The Most Is The One To Leave On

Back