ADVICE ON 24-120 VR LENS FOR D700

Name
terry
Edit My Images
Yes
Good Afternoon all,

Thinking of buying a new peice of glass looking at the 24/120 f4 vr lens .

Any advice would be helpful as i need to make up my mind within the next few days as holidays are close

I use a d700 and have also got a 70/200 f2.8 as part of the setup

Many Thanks and looking forward to any comments good or bad

I have the 24-120 f4 and find it to be a very versatile lens, IQ is very good and the range makes it a very suitable 'walkabout' lens.

Great walkabout lens as Gramps indicates....mine suffers from a little lens creep though which is pretty annoying.

Good Afternoon all,

Thinking of buying a new peice of glass looking at the 24/120 f4 vr lens .

Any advice would be helpful as i need to make up my mind within the next few days as holidays are close

I use a d700 and have also got a 70/200 f2.8 as part of the setup

Many Thanks and looking forward to any comments good or bad

Great lens, but having a long range it's not perfect from 80-120, but at least you have the option. I used mine a lot and its a very "decent" all round FF lens, matches or beats the Canon 24-105 over the same range and doesn't disgrace itself against the 24-70.

Just remember though, all zooms have a sweet spot, and this one is 35-66 where it performs very well. The extremes are a little weaker (stopping down helps though).

Good Evening All

Many thanks for all comments I think the purchase of this glass is going to happen but my local dealer has not got it in stock so will have to search for it.

Any help with this will be gratefully accepted

Regards

Terry

WEX, Amazon & Panamoz seem to have them - also Clifton Cameras with terms if required.

Last edited:
I have the 24-120 f4 and am very happy with it for pretty most situations I use it in. There are occasions where I wish I had something a little wider or longer but that's not too often.

Back