Advice on a bag please: Lowepro Flipside 300

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking to get a new bag for the majority of my kit (i only have a small selection of kit and it is likely to stay that way for a while).

My kit currently consists of:
Nikon D3000 camera
Nikon 18-5 kit lens
Nikon 55-200 lens
Lens hood
Kood P Series holder
P Series filter wallet
Remote release
Clean cloths, blowers, etc

Possible future purchases:
A few P Series filters (likely)
Flash (maybe)
50mm prime lens (least likely)

Does anyone think that the flipside 300 will be too small for my requirements? Looking at the pics on HERE i think i'll be able to fit the body and 2 lenses in the main compartment along with the lens hood for now with the rest of the stuff going in the lid pocket. Then if i do go for a flash or the prime then I'll take the hood out of the main part and put the flash/lens in there and pop the hood in the lid. That's the idea anyway, do you guys think this will be possible or should i be looking at any other bags?

Thanks for any advice

Macs,

A flipside 300 will hold that list plus a 70-200 on the camera. Mine usually does; good bag.

I was in a similar boat - considering the 300, then happened to chance upon the 400AW for less... glad I got the 400AW - means I can use it to store everything when it's "at home" and have space for a couple of bottles of water/snacks etc when out and about... keep your eye peeled for offers either way though - it's less than a month since I bought the 400AW for £56, it's £85 at the same place now...

I have both the flipside 200 and 400 - I use the 200 for out and about if a couple of lenses and the 400 when I need all my lenses and flash etc together if need be.

I had the 300, very limited space for anything other than camera and lenses, doesn't even have a bottle mesh

Unpadded waist straps and found it a less than comfortable fit on my back due to the long square design

Bought the 400 and that was so much better in every respect

Macs,

This is a typical load for my Flipside 300:
middle: D700, wearing 300mm + 1.4TC
left side pockets (divided): Tam 28-75mm & Sig 70mm macro
right (narrow pockets): filters and remote cord
top zipped compt: nested hoods and miscellaneous (would take a flash and a fairly compact prime)
outside thin pocket for flattish stuff; opposite side, water bottle in net pocket.
Oh, the actual flap has a zipped compartment as well, for flat stuff.

So, you would have to make some room to carry your packed lunch as well !
I have occasionally wanted bigger, but it's best to discipline yourself on what you leave out, or you end up carrying stuff you don't use on a trip.

I've just picked one up on ebay this week. Now it's arrived, there is loads of space in there. I think i'll need to spend some money to fill it and make it worth the purchase!

Don't you just hate it when you have to spend money...

Back