Advice on a quality general camera

Name
Adam Partridge
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

:help:

I have a Canon 40d and a selection of lenses which I use for my photography, but I am looking to by a camera which will give me good quality shots for when I'm out with the family taking general snaps. So I don't have to lug around all my kit. so a Bridge or Compact camera that will give me good results. I'm looking to spend around £300 for it.

Does any one have any suggestions

Many Thanks :ty:

I'm not sure about the latest releases but I looked into something similar in Ocotber last year and ended up purchasing a Panasonic TZ5 for which it's hard to find a bad review. It has x10 zoom and a fairly wide angle so was fairly versatile, as well as good quality video if that's important to you. It's burst mode is also impressive.

It's prob not the best in it's section for low light but we're very happy with it.

Good luck!

If you don't want a massive zoom then the Panasonic Lumix LX3 is a very good camera, although a little over budget.

I have tried bridge cameras but tbh I found that they were just as cumbersome to have with me as a DSLR so I wanted something smalled. I have a Ricoh R6 for a while which is a compact with a 28-300 but unfortunatly no creative modes.

Here are my thoughts on the LX3 so far
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=134234

Thanks for the suggestions akd & richardthesane for the suggestions I'll have a look for them

pearce jj

40d still be too big with just a 50mm on it?

It's not just the size. it's having something that I can keep in my pocket that has versatilely will give me a good image and isn't too costly (compared to my DSLR) the 50mm lens doesn't provide me with the versatility.

thanks

Back