Advice on a remote control

Name
Briony
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just started my 365 and have decided to try and do quite a few self portraits. After my second attempt, I have discovered that running to and from the camera to put it on timer and then try and get myself in position is driving me insane!

So, I've decided to get a remote :) trouble is, I don't really know where to start. I need a wireless one, preferably.
I have a Canon 350D, so am I right in assuming I need a Canon remote?
Anyway...the two wireless Canon remotes I have found are the Canon RC5 Remote Control and the Canon Camera Remote Controller RC-1, the second of which looks a lot better and they are both the same price.

I'd rather not spend more than £20-30 on a remote. Just wondered if there was any particular ones I should look at/avoid?

If you want something cheap and cheerful and you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for it to arrive, have a look at DealExtreme for a basic Infra Red remote shutter clicker. I got one for my 450D and it works well (y) No wires to hide either.

Get one of THESE from Amazon, work a treat! Iv'e had mine for 12 months and NO issues! Works as a wired remote for tripod work, or as a remote for self portrait/group shots (where you want to be in the group!)

ps. the IR remotes arn't that good IMO

get in touch with flash in the pan on this forum and he'll sort you out with a wireless receiver. no need to go to amazon when you can shop locally here :)

see ebay.. I have a radio wireless one on there. item 300382738992 its only 9.99 just now.....works great
(y)

I have a wired one that is yours for the price of postage (about a quid)

Thanks, but I was after a wireless one really!

I think I shall get in touch with flash in the pan, although the one that Wontolla suggested does look rather good too :)

Thanks for all the advice.

I'm going out with mine tomorow to Sale Water Park, so I got mine down to look at it ready, the batteries were flat and needed charging! SO, thank YOU for the reminder!!(y)

Bought a cheap wireless jobby from Hong Kong seller on ebay for my 350D, works fine. Need another one now to fit the 7D, why can't they standardise on a 3.5 jack socket!

Bought a cheap wireless jobby from Hong Kong seller on ebay for my 350D, works fine. Need another one now to fit the 7D, why can't they standardise on a 3.5 jack socket!

got the same problem!! Not the jack some weird 3 pin thingy! :bang:

Back