Advice on buying a new TV

Edit My Images
Yes
My girlfriend wants to buy a new TV, i'm not bothered as i never watch TV, but she would like to get herself a half decent one, and so i have to ask thee wise ones for advice.

Here are the specs reqd:

37"
nice clear picture
£600 budget

Which manufacturer can you recommend or shall we avoid?

LCD/TFT or Plasma?

Anything else we should look out for?

Thanks,

JB

I would recommend Panasonic. i have a 32" LCD and the picture quality is very good.

I would try and get one with builtin freeview, regardless if you have sky or cable. with the anologue switch off happening, there may be a time where you are without sky/cable and no functioning tele.

get one with scart and at least a couple HDMI slots at least. this allows for future technologies...

Eoghan

At 37" LCD is probably a better choice. I agree with other comments - Panasonic, Sony may have best ratings but others are pretty good as well. I'm not sure that the brand matters a lot nowadays, provided it's not an obscure make with dodgy warranty.

We just got a Samsung 1080P 50" plasma. It's the dogs dangly bits. Upgraded to a Virgin + box at the same time.

LG makes 95% of all plasma tv they just get re branded.
I would not go for plasma however.
I still stuck with the CRT for main box although i dont watch tv a such.
Once in place the waight isnt an issue but LCD is next best for reliability i balieve.

Back