Advice on first camera

Name
Ruth
Edit My Images
Yes
I’ve been obsessed photographer for years using only iPhone .I’ve been approached for sales of images or prints ,but of course been unable to do either with such low resolution.
Can you please recommend a camera that’s easy to use as I have no photography background, but will enable me to print and sell images if requested.

Thanks
Ruth

Hi and welcome to TP

FWIW anything that can record an image will produce a potentially saleable print!

However, moving forward....

I would suggest you tell us:-

What subjects you like to photograph and in what manner are you anticipating a camera will improve what you achieve already with the camera phone?

What budget do you have?

Remember many (all?) pictures you see for sale as digital downloads or prints have been edited/post-processed in a computer. Have you already got a Mac or PC and editing software, if not have you a budget for that also?

PS as a camera novice ~ there will be a possibly steep learning curve plus likewise for post processing.

Would you like to show us some of the pictures you have taken?

PPS why do you say that the iPhone pictures are too low a resolution for sales as digital downloads or prints? Just how big a print are you being asked for? How many megapixels (MP) is the iPhone camera?

Last edited:
Any dSLR or mirrorless and many bridge cameras which will produce a saleable image in the right hands. I've sold iPhone photos before.

An iphone produces 12mp images which could be printed to be handheld at A3 size or larger if viewed from a distance.

Back